New Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first off, I am new here. My name is Clyde. I am 17 years old and I am an animal addict. I have a freshwater and salt water aquariums in my house, 2 dogs and soon a new puppy, a tortoise, 2 hamsters, a rabbit, and my new addition, 2 bearded dragons. They don't have a name yet due to I don't know their genders, so until then they are "Little guy or girl." Sorry about my poor picture quality, my droid doesn't take the best of photos.

imag0137a.jpg

I will throw up some more photos later but as of now, I am trying to get them settled, un-stressed, and touch friendly.

Clydesauce

Original Poster
Thanks, I have an amazing camera but it is sitting on my friends desk after we ended our skating photoshoot. One of them has a green tiger like back, and one is kindof like sandfire. I can't wait til they are grown, and I am going to make sure everything is perfect cause I really want their backs to look amazing as well as their life long and healthy.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Welcome to the forums. Hope you browse around and find all the info needed. Word of advice, you will find most of the Petstore care will be wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908
Also, check out this thread going over the dangers of keeping two together.

Anestatic

Hello Welcome to the Forum!! Nice dragons!!! There is a lot of useful knowledge you can find on this site. First thing and please don't take this the wrong way. But do you house them together? It looks like it from the picture. I have read over and over that it is not a good idea to house them in the same enclosure. Tail nips and toe nips happen quite often from being together. I have two beardies that are not. There are some discussion threads/posts on this site that have examples. Just looking out for the well being of your pets not trying to sound rude. :D
There are ways to tell the sex of your dragons. Under the tail by the rear end (coachella) there are hemipenes. Females most times have one large bulge/ball in the center of the tail where as males will have two large bulges/balls on either side of the tail. You may have to feel with your hands but it is possible to feel if its not noticable.
Let me know if you have any luck.
Again welcome to the forum awesome looking dragons.

Clydesauce

Original Poster
As of right now they are in the same enclosure, only till the end of this week or when ever my other heat and lighting supplies come in the mail. I understand the concern and I have been watching and I have not seen any thing yet that would show any dominance issues.

Clydesauce

Original Poster
Thanks, and I am thinking about building a cage( I already have 2 20 gallons, 1 40 breeders, and one 70-75 gallon tanl) from some extra material I have lying in the garage and in the shed. Not sure on the size, might draft an idea up in autocad, or inventor and try and see what will work the best. If anyone has any input, I am all ears.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Usually when people build cages they do 4x2x2. I'm going 4x2x18" to save on hight because I'm doing stackable vivs and need to keep it in my hight range :lol:

Clydesauce

Original Poster
Awesome, I thank you very much and I might be skipping practice tonight anyways because I have mono... not contagious anymore just tired and lazy... and I will do a dragon photoshoot.

Clydesauce

Original Poster
Well I just cut the walls for the cage out of some extra mdf board I had lying around that i use to make guitar templates. Seeing how easy this is compared to making custom guitars, I might just change into the cage making business. Sadly though, my mom wants me to go to practice tonight, because I got nationals Saturday and that is where my college scout is going to be. Thinking about it, I am going to name the green one scout. haha

Clydesauce

Original Poster
Here is some more better, but still not the quality I want for them. All photo cred to my sister by the way, those are her hands not mine, so don't judge too hard. :eek:
This one is the one I am naming Marty. He is a citrus green color. It is hard to see from this angle but the green is kind of like tiger stripes as well as he kind of has a reddish spine.
lizardgreen.jpg

This one is Margery. Now I am not sure if it is guy or girl, but that name is final I am happy to say. This one is kind of sandfire color. Very nice red lines on its back. This one drinks its water, which many of your probably do, by drinking off of the pedals that I mist.
photolhg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom