New baby possibly dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerioc

My bearded dragon eggs started to hatch today, 2 came out this morning and 2 ripped open their egg later on one has his head all the way out and hes just been sitting there for a few hours hasnt moved one bit could he be dead? could he have suffocated from the slimy egg stuff? the other one just has his nose poking out the hole and he hasnt moved at all either. will they be ok? the one with the head sticking out i picked him up in his egg and i pushed him out slightly so his "shoulders" show a bit incase the egg sack was choking him or something then put him back down the way he was. Should i get him out of the egg or just leave him along, if i get no answer im just going to leave him be and wait it out. i hope theyre ok.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Leave them.

It is very exhausting trying to break out of the eggs. Often babies will make it halfway out, before needing to rest for a few hours or even a day before getting fully out. There is no harm leaving them in there.

Generally, you should make no attempts to help a dragon out of its egg at all.

-Brandon

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
I agree with Brandon.

I NEVER helped a dragon out of the egg. My thoughts on that are, if they couldn't make it out of the egg, then they weren't meant to be, or could have possible problems that will make them die later on.

xerioc

Original Poster
so i went and checked on the lil guy and hes doing just fine, he got himself out of the egg and managed to go hide somewhere i have him with his siblings, ty for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom