Nero's new Digs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I installed aluminum sliding panel track for 1/4" paneling, 1/4" thick tempered glass just pops right in and slides back and forth. I have 2 stick on handles that came from the glass company. Works beautifully.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I decided to use slate tile and create a dig area for him, that way he can still dig, but will not be living in sand. I think it will work out very well. In the mean time, he is on the sealed grout floor.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here is the latest:
VVP120723_032.jpg

I used 6' aluminum 1/4" panel track sold at the local hardware store.

VVP120723_031.jpg

I cut the top and bottom tracks to length and installed a trimmed out Pine board and a finishing overlap.

VVP120723_003.jpg

I decided to recycle the fake plant from his baby tank (Which is now his feeding tank)

VVP120723_004.jpg

I used some snips to cut the branches off the base, they are wire framed.

VVP120723_002.jpg

I took a piece of Ipe (Brazilian hardwood) and sanded it smooth, scrubbed it then sterilized it with boiling water.

VVP120723_006.jpg

I wire stapled all of the branches to the bottom of the Ipe to dress up the center support. I think I might go to hobby lobby and buy some vine to wrap around also unless Nero will let a real one grow.

VVP120723_027.jpg

Then I popped it back into place, it is held by friction.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now for the Grand Tour:

VVP120723_034.jpg

Atmospheric Conditions are monitored by Xicar digital Hygrometers. The hot side of Neroland is 95F/35%

VVP120723_035.jpg

While the cool side is 79F/50% (humidity high because it's sitting right next to wet greens).

VVP120723_010.jpg

We have our basking spot heated to 110 in the light, 100 outside the direct glow with a Jade plant in the corner.

VVP120723_011.jpg

At the base of the ramp we have a Sansevieria.

VVP120723_015.jpg

And a succulent bean cactus up front

VVP120723_009.jpg

This is the ramp, shady spot under the ramp and the cave entrance. Over top of the cave is a high perch area.

VVP120723_017.jpg

Not a bad view looking out from inside the cave.

VVP120723_019.jpg

A close up of the cool side where we keep some water to sip and his worm bowl when there are worms in it.

VVP120723_021.jpg

Inside his cave, he has his blanket he likes to curl up on, and during the day, we keep his fresh veggies in there on a plate so they stay fresh longer and he can graze on them all day long. I pull the veggies about an hour before lights out.

VVP120723_020.jpg

Here is a closer look at the high perch area.

VVP120723_007.jpg

This is the finished Product and next to the viv is his old tank that is now set up for feeding :D

Really outstanding work and sincere thought put into every aspect.. I'm really digging it myself.

Nero seems to approve, I love his pattern and color!

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you.

Well, I found the ballast I need. I learned that when the glass does not reach temperature it does not react with the gas in the tube to produce the UV light. I found a WH33 Ballast, learn more here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=173587&start=15#p1399491 that will work. I am away this weekend so it will have to be Monday after work.

Now that I know more, I can do better :D

Kera

I am VERY impressed!!! I love how your lil one was all over it!!! Nero must be such a happy lil one now!!! I would have to say AAAA+++++++ for the entire thing and a huge thanx for sharing the pics of each step with us!! :)

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Wow, it looks amazing! I wish I were handy. :)

I am shopping for a cage and have a question about the placement of your bulbs. Is there a reason why the heating bulbs are not on the same side as the platform? It looks like the platform gets the most UVB.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The platform would put him too close to the heating bulbs, as it is I have a 120F hot spot on his basking platform with the 75w basking bulb that I am using. I need to add a dimmer and another light socket for better heat distribution and eliminate the hot spot. I made the platform for him to climb on and allow him to get closer to the UV if he wants. The way I designed it was based on research, not experience, there are a couple things I will do differently when I build his next viv.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
SeanFred":3bqitwdv said:
The platform would put him too close to the heating bulbs, as it is I have a 120F hot spot on his basking platform with the 75w basking bulb that I am using. I need to add a dimmer and another light socket for better heat distribution and eliminate the hot spot. I made the platform for him to climb on and allow him to get closer to the UV if he wants. The way I designed it was based on research, not experience, there are a couple things I will do differently when I build his next viv.

What would you change?

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, but I can't remember what page, there are lots of great viv's in there :) I read that thread daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom