Need some help with new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
Haven't been on here in awhile but I just upgraded my tank from a 30gal to a 100gal yesterday. I got the new tank plus a huge box of supplies for only $50 so obviously, I'm not really complaining haha. The only thing I don't like about it is, the top is in 3 parts. There is only one part that is screen, which is in the middle. I'm in the process of setting it up, getting ready for him to be transfered over. I keep his cool side on the right because my outlets are on the left hand side so his basking area is usually towards the middle & the left is kept warm. But since the left part of the top is glass, I don't know what to do with the lighting. Would it be bad if I used a clamp and attached a light over the glass or is that just a bad idea?
Also, the right side of the top is missing its part. What can I use to close that up so he doesn't get out? All of his furniture isn't high enough to reach the very top but I still want to be safe.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Definitely do NOT put a heat lamp over the glass- If it gets too hot or gets splashed with something, it will crack.
Could you take out the glass on the top, and just make your own lid for it?

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's what I was thinking. I moved the glass to the right sight & took the old 30 gal screen to cover the left & clamped lights over it. It doesn't fit perfectly so I'll cover the rest with a 10 gal lid when I'm not around. I think I'm just going to order the screen top I need & cut out the screen that's on the tank since it's glued on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom