Need some electrical help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
So im going to start breeding dubia roaches. I bought a dimmer switch and a CHE with a clamp lamp.. Can CHE's be used on a dimmer? Also if so, How do you splice the lamp into the dimmer, I know the basics but when splicing does it matter what half of the wire you cut to splice? is that confusing? I am getting my starter dubias Thursday but found someone on craigslist selling their whole colony for 150$ which is a good price. He has a few hundred adults along with nymphs

Thanks for the help, Would love to get this finally done and over with :)

andrewsenes

I have a CHE on my beardies tank. I just went to petsmart and bought the clamp lamp that had a dimmer on it. I don't know much about splicing a dimmer into it, but yes CHE's work great with a dimmer on them.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
alrighty.. I spliced one on and it seems to be working ok. Got my dubias today actually so i had to hurry and just do it lol. so far so good, Splicing was much easier then i thought it would be :) Annoys me that i forgot the heat mat while i was at petco though, hopefully the CHE will heat it enough without a heat pad but since yours has a dimmer on it im sure it will be fine, Its all the same concept :p

GAIJINIJI

it should go a little like this

Live wire from plug to dimmer (l1)
wire from the 'wavy symbol' adjustable dimmer to the clamp
wire from the clam to the neutral

Im sure the companies that make dimmers employ people to make it seem much more complicated than it is!

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GAIJINIJI":1zj32bf1 said:
it should go a little like this

Live wire from plug to dimmer (l1)
wire from the 'wavy symbol' adjustable dimmer to the clamp
wire from the clam to the neutral

Im sure the companies that make dimmers employ people to make it seem much more complicated than it is!
that just got me confused :p all there was on the dimmer were 2 black wires.. which i connected on the spliced wire. and then there was like a grounding wire i guess? which i didnt do anything with since its not in the wall :p then put those electrical screws over the wires and taped em up with some electrical tape and done :p ON the box for the lamp it clearly states do not splice.. lol oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom