Need some advice-On Ozzy's Behavior! NOT EATING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i havent posted in a while but everytime that i have you all have been helpful!

We have a 1 yr old male bearded named Ozzy! Ozzy was originally housed in a 55 gallon fish tank until about a month.5 ago, We custom built a 4x2x2 for him. He is housed on tile and newspaper and some repti carpet. We have a brand new 36'' reptisun 10.0 and he has a basking light and ceramic heater for when it gets colder at night. His basking temps are 100-105 and in the cooler parts 80. The temps get down to 65 at night so we keep the heater on to stay around 65-70.

Anyways, since we moved him into his new home he has stopped eating all together, he generally seems happy and active just doesn't want to eat, which in turn has caused him to not defecate as much. At first i thought "relocation stress" then i was thinking it was the fact that he was shedding. He just got done with a fell body shed. We bath him several times a week and i continuously offer him veggies everyday. I can get him to eat a few small dubia 2 times a week but that is it. I have been making him apple juice by crushing up apples and adding some water and i am able to get him to drink. I am very concerned! He usually does his "glass dancing" every morning for a few hours then settles down...He loves to be taken out and allowed to run around in the family room until he gets chilli. He seems generally fine.

As of now he is 18'' long and weighs 435g...Apparently he is a big boy! lol! This just not like him at all to be so "grumpy"

Any advice would be great!
I havent taken him to a vet at all since i have had him (Aug 2011) but we have never had any reason too..

Thanks in advance!
Chriss and Ozzy

100_4808.jpg

OzzysMom32

Original Poster
I also forgot to mention that when he does go "potty" his urates are slightly hard, I have been bathing and giving water and applejuice but it doesnt seem to help, I was giving him his veggies with calcium and he would lick the calcium off and not eat the veggies, so i was worried he was getting to much so this week i havent been giving him the calcium (with D3)

Just wanted to mention that!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! I believe there are 2 things going on....1 is, as you mentioned, re - location stress. The other thing, he is at the age when many beardies lose interest [for spring time ] in eating. He is a big boy, and there is really no concern, this is pretty normal for young , healthy adults. Mine all take their turn in the spring of heavy eating followed by sudden food strike ! Don't worry a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom