Need Reassurance Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, every few months I have to post and get some reassurance that Toothless is growing properly. He just seems so small to most other peoples beardies.

He is approx. 10 mo. old. He was 5 inches when we got him, and he has finally reached 10 in. He has only shed 3 times since we got him in Feb.

Seems healthy, alert, not a huge eater by any means. But remains steady with what he does eat. Offered reptiworms, micro supers, lots of different veggies. Zucchini and romaine lettuce seem to be his favorites! Romaine is a treat not a staple!
Repti Sun tube, temps measured with digital probe. Trust me his setup is text book perfect! LOL

Thanks for insight!! :mrgreen:

IMG_0339.jpg
FEB
IMG_0193.jpg
JULY
IMG_0753.jpg
LATE SEPT

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Every dragon will grow different, but he does seem small for his age. Maybe he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet...

my dragon Spyro is 19 months old, he's only 16 and a half inches in length, i doubt he'll grow anymore due to his age.

ive only had him 1 and a half months, and he shed various places, so far hes shed 1 foot and his mouth. his nose and one leg is in shed though now XD

jabronie

yeah every dragon will be different just like every human is. i have a ~10 month old at around 19 inches, and a ~3 month old at around 13inches.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My girl was a very picky eater, and I was worried about her. I had everything set up right, at 6 months old she was only 6 1/2" long, then within 3 months she grew to 16" long, So they all grow at different rates.

my3monkees

Original Poster
I keep hoping for a sudden growth spurt!
My son said he is now 10 1/2, so another 1/2 in! LOL

I just worry, my son will be heartbroken if something happens to him.
But, I can find nothing even slightly wrong with his husbandry. Other than he hates to eat anything dusted, so vitamins are a challenge.
Hopefully he will have a sudden growth spurt,or maybe it is just genetic. I just really, really hope it doesn't mean there are any hidden health issues. :cry:

LLBlue

I have a bearded dragon that I bought at 8 months old and 10 inches. At the time, I didn't know that she was small. She did grow a bit more, but she is on the small side. She's now around 2.5, and she seems healthy. I am no expert, but he looks very good in the photos. I think that some of them are just smaller than others - like short and tall people. Mine has what seems like a good appetite and she doesn't appear excessively skinny or heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom