My Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm uploading pics now of my current pets. Including the CWD and the Leo I got from the pet stores Sunday. Tomorrow my new BD will be in and this topic will be all about him/her. Just wanted to introduce everyone to my current pets and after the pics upload I will tell you a little about them! Any updates on the non Beardy pets will be posted under my blog if anyone wants to follow my whole "Zoo" :p I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Pics will be posted below as soon as they finish uploading to PB I promise!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Inigo is eating again, but not as much as he was. I hope he doesnt have another sperm plug in there somewhere. We'll keep checking his weight and see how it goes. All else is well at the zoo. Everyone pretty much the same as always.

I'm working with the Basilisk sporadically because I don't want to stress him out too much. I'd like to be able to stick my hand in the cage without him freaking out at the least. Slow going.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hiya Deb (and everyone),

The zoo has been alright lately. We've taken in 3 puppies - Yoda, Zorro, and Buddy - to add to our dog collection lol and are currently trying to rehome them. We've also gotten new geckos - Mr. Man and Mrs. Ma'am. We're going to try to rehome some of our rescue geckos next weekend at the reptile show in Birmingham.

Inigo has been back and forth. He's not really eating anything but worms. He's not losing weight though. We're trying to get the money together to take him to the vet.

Other than that, everyone is happy and healthy!

How are you and your group doing?

~Steph

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I tried to post an update about the beardies, but it didn't work. :( So, since I'm short on time at the moment, I will try again later tonight.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi, we're all good. Lonzo did a flip & I don't know how long he was on his back, one of his lungs wasn't working, so got him to the vet. She gave him an anti-inflammatory & he's on tank rest. Had to take out his hide & anything else he could trip on, he's not a happy camper as he wants to get out to run around, so will let him out a bit later today for awhile but I'll be there to keep an eagle eye on him.

The rest are all fine, spring fever, wish that would go away. They're not really eating, so I'm hand feeding, trying get some weights up. Otherwise my computer got a trojan, so it's in the shop being fixed. Getting Norton Internet Security this time, guess the free one that comes with my provider didn't work, corrupted my operating system. Otherwise, I'm having to visit my son more often to get on the computer. Never thought I'd miss being on here so much!

Glad to hear your crew are doing well. And more doggies & geckos? You have more patience that I do, I'm finding 4 beardies & a gecko are more than enough to keep me hopping!

Take care,
looking forward to the update,
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, so it took a little longer than expected to get some time. Let's see...oh yes, the update.

Godzilla is growing!! He's just finished shedding again. Though he is still a teeny little bugger. And he's decided he really doesn't like his greens. Crickets and dubia - they stand no chance in his enclosure. He also has a new favorite hobby...teasing the dogs and the cat. It's so funny! He'll dance all the way across the front as long as they follow him, but if they stop, he goes back and dances in front of them. He's learning that he likes to be out of the enclosure. We have to be careful though, everyone has to either be in a different room or outside because he is a jumper! He's got some gorgeous color coming through also.

Sansa is doing great. She's just finished shedding also. She's getting better about being handled, but she's still a little skittish. Lovin' those worms though. She's grown a good bit, we'll have to get a new pic up. Her eyesight seems to still be improving, except for that pesky depth perception. Lately, she's decided she likes her greens....dry. Dry like, it is time to change them out kind of dry. She'll check them out several times while they are in there, but she won't eat them until the last minute. It's nuts! She is the alarm clock for dinner time. When it is time to eat, she will run to the front of her enclosure and just stare. Sometimes, it's kind of scary. lol

Caoimhe is huge (compared to what she was). She is about to go into shed again, I can't wait to see those gorgeous colors all bright and pretty again. She's eating like crazy! Most of the bugs don't even hit the floor before she's gobbled them up. And worms - she loves her supers! She's funny about them too. She'd rather eat them out of the tweezers than having them dropped into the enclosure. She's even tried to grab the tweezers when we didn't move them quick enough. Yeah, she knows.... lol She's eating her greens like crazy too. I like to keep greens in there when they are awake, so normally I will refill her bowl when I see it empty during the day. Lately she's been getting 3 - 4 a day. I feel like we overfeed her, but Jonathan says she won't overeat on greens....? Her favorite spot in the house is still on Jonathan's head. I think she has got to be the quirkiest one.

Inigo, oh my goodness, Inigo. Where to start. He isn't losing any weight now. But he still isn't eating well. He won't touch his crickets or dubia at all. Occassionally he will eat a super or two. He doesn't really put up a fight to come out anymore, but he doesn't take too well to anyone but me. Unless we go outside and then he would just as soon eat every one of us than come back inside. We're trying to get the funds together to take him to the vet (we're in the middle of job swapping, etc.) because he just seriously worries me. He lost quite a bit of weight. Also, maybe one of you guys knows something about this. Any time I hold Inigo, and only Inigo, I get these little bumps on my hand and sometimes something that looks kind of like a blister but goes away usually overnight. Is that something that could be wrong with him, like mites or something, or maybe just an allergy for me? It's only been happening a little while.

Well, that's about it. The CWD is doing good. Growing well. Loving the supers. Ducky, the basilisk, is doing well. We have 2 crested geckos now, Dolly and Mr. Green. Jonathan brought home a steppe runner. The tortoise is just hanging out, and eating also as many greens and worms as Caoimhe. We're hoping to sell some of the rescue leos at the reptile show next weekend.

Shannon,
It has been crazy around here!! Changing jobs, changing internet... Glad to be back though and hopefully this time we can not disappear!

Deb,
So sorry to hear abuot Lonzo. I do hope this tank rest won't have to last too long! And I don't really have that much patience, just a bleeding heart for animals in need. Hopefully we can thin the herd some with adoptions. At least with the leos and the puppies. Especially the puppies!! It's really good to hear you are all doing well. I really hope Lonzo is feeling better soon.

HappiDragon,
Thank you!! We're hoping to update the enclosures with some new doors soon, so we'll try to get pics up if we can get that done.

Have a great night (or day as it may be) everyone!
Stephanie

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Been forever since we updated. Just been crazy around here. Everyone still doing great here. Indigo is eating a little better now. Caoimhe is eating great. Sansa still eats good and is growing slowly. Godzilla has hit a growth spurt and is almost as big as Sansa.

Still haven't been albe to work on the CWD enclosure but hopefully I will get that done soon.

Anyway there's a quick update. Respond or email and we will try to get back on here more regularly soon.

~Jonathan

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Here, too, glad to hear everyone's doing so well. And that Godzilla is growing into his name, that's fantastic. When you have a minute, maybe you could post pics of your dragons, especially Godzilla, have to admit that little guy caught my heart! So welcome back!

By the way, I have a new boy, his name is Gabriel, I've had him for 6 weeks and he's slowly improving. His owners dropped him off at the pet shop I used a few days before I went over. Sweetie's tank had been empty since December and even though I wasn't going to get another dragon, when I saw this little guy, I picked him up & he tried to hide inside my coat, so, of course, he came home. He was really thin, only 292g & only 17" long. So he went to the vet & of course had parasites, so 6 doses of panacur later, I'm hoping they're gone. Taking a fecal to the vet next Saturday to have it tested & hoping it's clear. He's on babyfood for the most part, but he ate 6 supers yesterday & 1 small piece of collard greens. His fat pads are starting to fill in & he's got a little belly, his tail base is also filling in, so I'm hopeful he'll get alot bigger. He's also grown 1/2" My vet & I figure he's between 16 mo & 2 yrs. So now I'm back to 5 dragons! I'm just a crazy dragon lady!
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Deb,
You have got such a huge heart!! As of right now, we can take a million pictures. We just can't connect the camera to the computer :( I can do cell pics, but that's about it. We've torn the house apart looking for the camera cord. I promise I will somehow make one appear. It just might take a day or two. I'm so excited to show you all Godzilla!! He's all big and grouchy now. Inigo is still a little under weight, but the vet hasn't found anything wrong. He's starting to eat his greens and crickets more and more now, so maybe he'll start gaining weight.

On a side note, we had a baby leopard gecko hatch today. YAY! Seems we were waiting forever for that.

Just wanted to let you all know we are desperately trying to get pics up for you. We miss you guys too! And are hoping we can get scheduling down so we can at least log on everyday.

~Stephanie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Stephanie :D

It's great to hear from you & yes, I'd love to see pics, but when you can manage, no rush. I'm just glad to hear Godzilla is doing so well, he was so tiny last time you posted. I'm glad to hear Inigo is eating again, they can be such a worry, can't they?

And a baby leo, they are so cute, I've only seen one, he/she was a day old. My young man Jake, who beds my beardies while I'm at work, is breeding cresties & leos. He has 2 baby cresties (they are just so tiny!) and a baby leo, who I say the next day. They are just so cute & I was surprised to see that they're striped as babies, not spotted like the adults. So congrats!
Deb

And here's a pic of Gabriel, he's really tiny, only 17" long (and his head is over 2" long & his tail is 10" long, his body is only 5" long, but getting bigger) and he's only 280g, I weighed him this am. He still has parasites, so back on panacur, but hopefully this time it works, will know in 5 weeks.
002-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom