My new friend Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
Just purchased my first Bearded Dragon (and reptile in general) yesterday. I must say I'm already in love, I did research on many different small animals (as I live in NYC in an apartment) and was fully ready to purchase a Corn Snake, but I walked into the store and saw Charlie and I couldn't resist, little guy was adorable.

I set up his vivarium yesterday and he seems to be adapting pretty well, he ate about 10 crickets today and some kale but I think he's still a bit stressed from the relocation. He did his first poop at home today in the bath after I stroked his tummy and he let me hold him for about 15 minutes at which point his stress marks started fading drastically. I tried feeding him again closer to lights out but he wasn't really interested.

I didn't purchase a heat mat but his basking spot is about 103-108 during the day and the viv cools down to around 70-77 during the night time which as I understand is ample.

I did manage to lose a couple crickets in the viv today but left out some food for them so they dont resort to nipping at Charlie and I've decided not to feed him in his home anymore until I can get some Phoenix worms that cant hide.

He much prefers climbing than roaming on flat ground and I have been wondering if this is normal.

Otherwise I am stoked with my new friend and cant wait for many long years together

Update: I posted this yesterday on another forum before I found this one.

Today has been good, he ate about 10-12 crickets this morning and is currently picking at his kale and collared greens, he had a little fall before due to his obsessive climbing and he did another poop which was solid with a chalky white end. He's not at all fond of hiding spots and prefers to just sleep on his branch or on the fake cactus the viv came with. But he's been running about all day since the fall so I think he's fine.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Charlie looks awesome, he sure has grown. You're doing a wonderful job with him. :p

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Fantastic job!! Your Charlie is definitely living the life. Is he eating you out of house and home yet? :wink:

ChrisAndCharlie

Original Poster
She's* a total piggy, going through a 700+ tub of reptiworms every week. not to mention the veggies haha.

So it turns out my little man is actually my little girl, she's finally big enough that I can sex her relatively accurately and I'm about 90% shes a female (just the one bump above the vent) I'll get some pictures soon so you all can be the judge. She's still an avid climber, guess she's sticking to her wild roots in that aspect and she runs and runs when i take her out of her viv.

I'll try and update more frequently from now on

ChrisAndCharlie

Original Poster
heres a hand pic so you can see her growth progress

photo-2.jpg

and a pic of her tail underside so you can help me with sexing.

photocopy-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom