My new beardie is hiding alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
So I have been looking on this topic for an answer for why my new beardie has been hiding, but I couldn't find a direct answer. I got Chloe on Saturday. It has been 5 days since I got her and she has been hiding all day for the past few days. I am afraid she will get too cold and not get enough UV. Could it be that she is just needing to get used to the new environment or is something wrong with the setup? For temporary I am using a reptiglo coil UV bulb that was given to me with her. Temps range around the 104 mark for basking. Any ideas?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I would recommend losing the coil uvb bulb. They are extremely harsh on the eyes, and don't give off the right wavelength of uvb needed for bearded dragons.

The only two safe and effective bulbs on the market for bearded dragons are the reptisun 10.0 and the arcadia 12%. I highly suggest getting one of those bulbs and turning off your coil until you can get it. The coil causes more harm than good.

Has your baby ate anything for you yet?

It's very possible your baby is hiding to escape the repti-glo coil.

-Brandon

eternitylonger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I do not have her on the CFL now. I just had her on that until I was able to get her something else since she came with it. I now have her on a 24 inch reptisun 10. I know the disadvantages of the CFL so I wanted to get her off it ASAP. But as of now, if I provide her with a hiding spot, she will most likely still hide most of the day. It's been about 2 months since I had her and she is still wanting to hide if she can and still puffing and flattening her belly when I put my hand slowly in the cage. I guess time is the only option. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom