My "My-my(s)" Myah found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I wag my tail and fetch that ball? No. This will not do. I think I'll sit and bask awhile, maybe all day through. Is that yarn? A funny thing. So fuzzy soft and round. Chase it? No. I will not go. There's crickets to be found! I will not sing a pretty tune. I will not bounce and hop. And if I get too tired, it's anywhere I'll plop. But please my person, mom of mine, or my daddy dear, Remember when you're gone away, I still wait right here. I love my bath, our cuddle time, you're more then just a face. Please don't ever give me to an unfamiliar place. I need you and I'll try to show how great that I can be. Even though, you may not know, if I'm he or she. Have some faith. You'll earn my trust, I swear with all my heart. It's plain to see and clear to me, here's our fresh new start.

(Inspired by a very loved little dragon.)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Got some pics posted of Emily's background..almost done with one panel then the other and Im done..let it dry and air out..and put it behind Em's viv.....its turning out so pretty and the colors will match her curtains lol. Hows Myah..give her squishy hugs for me. Hugs to you to.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tonja":13zjd2lv said:
Hows Myah..give her squishy hugs for me.
Ofcourse :D Myah did not have a good day today. I think the coccidia has finally caught up with her :( She ate one super and a mouthful of salad and that was all. Her stress marks just won't go away unless she sleeping. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't want to be touched and I don't blame her so I'm just letting her rest. The BD.Co shipped my order today. Thank goodness! So there's hope. It just can't get here soon enough!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
aww poor myah, this has to be taking a toll on both of you by now. Someone needs to come up with a one time dose of a med thats not harsh that will kill all these dang buggies they get.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tonja":5ydqw6cd said:
Someone needs to come up with a one time dose of a med thats not harsh that will kill all these dang buggies they get.
Well the Liquid Toltrazuril Coccidiocide 5% I ordered is supposed to work in 1-2doses or a maximum of 3. For severe cases, the treatment can be repeated one week later. But it is rare that you need to. If Myah were to take 3doses then 3more doses one week later, she would still take in far less medication then the vet's recommended Sulfa/Trim, where she'd be on for 7days off for 7days and then on for 7days again. 6doses of Liquid Toltrazuril Coccidiocide 5% in two weeks, or 14doses in 3weeks! :shock: The Toltrazuril is supposed to be far less harsh on her system as well :D It will still take awhile to reach me but atleast I have a new plan that makes more sense. :wink: Once Myah has been cleared by a vet, I'll order the float kit from the BD.Co to keep a close eye on her. It may take awhile to get her immune system back to where it should be so she may be more susceptible for awhile.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I used that on Geico and it wiped out the coccidia in 2 treatments..but waited a week and gave one more just to be sure. Its great stuff.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tonja":3emt1f5i said:
I used that on Geico and it wiped out the coccidia in 2 treatments..but waited a week and gave one more just to be sure. Its great stuff.
Really!? :D I'm so glad you told me that! :blob5: I double checked my plan with Tracie and she agreed that I was on the right track so two people saying that this could really work gives me alot of hope! Thanks! :wink:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
It does work but with Geico it did make him a little sleepy about an hour after his doses...and thank you so much Holly..I thought you would enjoy seeing Em's background as it progresses.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
I can picture it now the trenches riddled with the bodies of fallen coccadia the fog of war blindin your vision as you make your way through. Bullet after bullet being released from your firearm. As you run you reach a small hill and decided to take a break only to see millions of your enemies heading towards you. You realize if you stay here you will die and take off running for a near by cliff, just then you hear the load roar of chopper blades. It's gone as soon as it came but you can hear the sound of a parachute slowly falling to the earth. The care package lands beside your feet you hastily pry it open with your trench knife, hope beginning to return, inside you find ammo not just any ammo but coccadia destroying ammo. You take as much as your pack can carry, load your gun, and face the enemy head on! Determined to not leave any survivors. That is my story of how it most feel to deal with super parasites I mean really why in the world do these things need to exsist.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good idea!

Myah, if Tracie is ok with your plan & it worked on Geico, then go for it. It's so good to know she won't be over medicated again. I hate when vets do that. I'm lucky with my vet as she's very particular. When I got Gabriel, he was very skinny, dehydrated & underweight, so she gave him 1/2 the dose to start as she didn't want him to get sick. Once he's gained weight & was off babyfood & eating dragon food, she upped the dose to regular & we didi another month. I got him the end of April & by Aug 3 he was finally clear. As I've heard of many beardies being overmedicated, it was good to have a vet who had common sense. So I'm soooo glad you took the reins & found out which med worked better in much less time. You're such a great beardie mom, Myah's glad to have you! I'll be waiting to hear how the doses work & having your own fecal kit will help, too. Cheryl is a great person, it's so good that she & Tracie are able to help you out so much, they make a great team!

I'll be waiting, hugs to Myah & you, Holly,
Take care
Deb

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Beardiesforthewin72":251h9oge said:
I can picture it now the trenches riddled with the bodies of fallen coccadia the fog of war blindin your vision as you make your way through. Bullet after bullet being released from your firearm. As you run you reach a small hill and decided to take a break only to see millions of your enemies heading towards you. You realize if you stay here you will die and take off running for a near by cliff, just then you hear the load roar of chopper blades. It's gone as soon as it came but you can hear the sound of a parachute slowly falling to the earth. The care package lands beside your feet you hastily pry it open with your trench knife, hope beginning to return, inside you find ammo not just any ammo but coccadia destroying ammo. You take as much as your pack can carry, load your gun, and face the enemy head on! Determined to not leave any survivors. That is my story of how it most feel to deal with super parasites I mean really why in the world do these things need to exsist.
Truely an epic battle! World war "C"! :shock: The enemy advanced, numbers in the millions, still we stood strong. The Toltrazuril bullets, like silver to a werewolf was my only defense. Thank god for that hill! Our undercover agents waited for me there. XtinaBeardieMom handed me the rifle while her team Lotus & Monster readied more ammo. jewl495 gave 'the word' and Kratos handed me the sanitizer grenades. casper31 spoke not a word but gave one nod as Lil' Miss placed the carnivore care in my pack. "Quickly!" I cried as Lara and Nero wrapped a package, contents: Probiotics. Not wanting to leave this world before my time, I decided to risk the cliff! Myah needed me! Back on base she was lovingly tended to. Tonja prepared the sick bed while Geico stood watch, teeth bared. Tiny Emily would not leave Myah's side as she rested and waited. Leticia took to the roof, Clayton and skittle knew there could always be danger overhead. A chopper!? My god! It must be Derrick and co-pilot Char! (God knows Derrick could never navigate alone!) I see the parachute and, and, It's Deb! Gabriel, Rubio, Didi, Leo, and Lonzo! All six floating down with the care pack! She brought her army! A voice comes over my radio. Michelle!? Stella!? Is that you!? I radioed back. It was them! I'm on hold!? I don't have time for this! I open the care pack. Lori and Rosie really thought ahead when they gifted me trench knife! Finally! The radio kicks back on! It's Amy and Gizmo! Yes! I can use that info to find my way back to Myah! I look at the package. A rocket launcher!? Wow! That was a big care pack! There's a note on the box. "To Myah, from Tammy and Jango". There's a note on the rocket launcher. "To coccidia, take that! From Kamie and Vash!" Ha! Now there isn't a chance of survivors! I take aim. Damn! They're too far away! What!? Jessie!? Rogue!? Where did you come from!? Ah, now I understand. Menolly and Rael sent for you. How did BluVision and Smog know to hand you the rocket launcher scope!? No matter. I attach the scope, take aim and... To be contiuned... That battle is not yet won...

(To anyone who has ever visited this thread :D Thank you my friends and visitors. If I missed anyone please let me know! We still have another chapter! :blob5: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom