My First Bearded Dragon, Spyro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys Just went to get this little guy and bring him home he is in his tank now and hes so cute! He has a lot of orange on the sides of his face! does a half log take long to heat up? I cant get it to proper temperature? and also I can feel his ribs, Is that bad? I tried to give him some super worms but he chewed them and spat them out? how come?
Now for pics!
Basking
IMG_2673.jpg

Me petting him!
IMG_2676.jpg

After his bath!
IMG_2672.jpg

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Hey there, he looks pretty good. I can feel the ribs on both of mine and one is a fatty and the other is a silkie, so I'd say no worries. How high are your temps? You wanna shoot for 105 ish. If you can't get it warm enough, you will need a stronger bulb. If he spit out the superworm, it means he didn't like it. Super worms aren't the most nutritious thing anyway :lol:
Feel free to ask any other questions

ChestersPet

Wood for the basking spot is perfect because it is nonconducting. The heat will go to your beardie instead of the log. Rocks and tile are conductive so they absorb then radiate the heat, they can get too hot too!. For any animal, feeling the ribs is not an issue, seeing the ribs/ribcage is an issue. Just feed them as much as they will eat in a sitting, give them water or frequent baths if not drinking. Always provide some fresh greens and try other things to see what they like. Use a journal to document important traits/facts. This could come in handy if you need a beardie sitter. Looks like you have yourself a nice new friend. I would suggest something other than your sand for a substrate. In most cases it is just personal preference but some beardies just like to lick and taste everything or they are messy eaters and can get impactions from too much "safe" sand in their gut.

For a greens guide use this:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

ChestersPet

Oh yeah, superworms are not a good idea. Maybe later when he gets bigger and smash the heads. Use small crickets, I would suggest 2-4 week old crickets for your guy or get some reptiworms/phoenix worms. You could do small dubia roaches but they can be spendy. Use waxworms and small meal worms as treats or a handling bribe. The softer the exoskeleton the better. Spend some time wandering around the forum, you will find out that it is a mass library of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom