My Draco doesn't like cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momofdraco

My Draco doesn't like cage a bit, eventually if I put him in cage for only twenty mins and he will crawls to get out. So I comes up with second home next to my bed. Where I set up UVB light, heat pad, sand, and wood branch. He loves to see beside me, under blanket until in mornig he will crawl to his wood branch til I woke up and feed him. He loves to hangout around my room when I'm there, as if I went to other room he would crawls to find me.

He's doing very well! He is very active bearded. He loves to go outside, he will crawls the slide door so I allow he go outside alone in balcony for hours. Until he feel satfiated he will crawls on slide door, and I would just open the door and allow he back in.

I even took him to my friend house for poker tournament, he loves it especially love to hold my chips. He dont mind with so many people, especially the kids whose won't leave him alone but he managed it very well.

Basically, I give him everything what he need and want. I just would like to hear out all of your opinions and advices or your experiences.

Thanks for your time,
Karlee the mom of Draco

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
so he basically has the run of the house? lol

as long as he has the proper heating and lighting i see no problem with this.

just be careful about the sand. they like to lick things and the sand could make him impacted.

Momofdraco

Original Poster
He didn't run out of home, but when I first time allow him to be on balcony alone without me. He didn't jump off from the balcony. I live on second story, but luckly I did check on him every 20 mins. And when I found that he isn't on balcony and I suddenly check the lawn and there he is and lookin at me. So I come down to pick him up. And after that he never do that again. Eventually if I leave him alone on balcony without check on him for hours. He will simply crawls on slide door as when he want to back in.

And for sand, really? What's your suggest? The green thingy alike grass rug? As I don't want him to poop on carpet. But he tend to poop either on sand and kitchen floor which is good easily to clean. Whew.

But sometimes I notice that his poop has been eaten. Isn't that good? I tried to keep on eye and clean the poop before he could eat it. And I was afraid that my mother cat whose got five kittens maight eat it too. Because she do eat her babies'.

His favorite place to hangout in my room, liveroom and kitchen. Especially he loves to watch those kittens playing around in kitchen it's also their favorite place. I not know why haha.

bunnyrut":2d8s0cus said:
so he basically has the run of the house? lol

as long as he has the proper heating and lighting i see no problem with this.

just be careful about the sand. they like to lick things and the sand could make him impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom