My custom viv project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Ok so.. I have not yet started.. but i was bored today and made a 100% scaled model out of left over styrofoam from Skyy's castle. It is a corner unit. It will be 3 feet x 3 feet. The front sides are both roughly 1 foot 4 inches and the front is roughly 2 feet 2 inches. I am thinking of plexiglass just to make it not so heavy and avoid any breakage of glass. Still not sure how tall I want it but i am thinking 18 inches tall, that way I won't need to change the watts on my basking bulb. Not 100% sure what i will do to the top either but I am just thinking heavyduty screen top. Front will have sliding doors.

Below is the pic of the model

2012-06-30_11-33-23_932.png

Any ideas are welcome :) Probably wont be starting this until september.

Also what kind of wood is the best? plywood?

Randy94

I say plywood too. I just made a 50”x 25”x 24” out of plywood, with 1”x 2” framing, and I can lift it by myself.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok thanks :) Now just need to look up some instructions as i've never build anything outta wood before hah. We do have the correct saws and all that here though so that stuff is covered :) But after i look and think about it.. I dont think i will beable to get it up the stairs to my room , So i might have to build half and do the rest in my room :p

What thickness of plywood would be best? i was thinking 3/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom