My beardie is pale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Is his tongue pale, too? If you are really concerned, a vet visit might be in order.
You really need a good thermometer. The ReptiSUN 10 tube bulbs are much cheaper online. Are you in a place where you can take him outside for about 45 minutes a day? The UVB from the sun is as good as a full day under a bulb.

Xxandster700xX

Original Poster
Esther19":3165g29u said:
Is his tongue pale, too? If you are really concerned, a vet visit might be in order.
You really need a good thermometer. The ReptiSUN 10 tube bulbs are much cheaper online. Are you in a place where you can take him outside for about 45 minutes a day? The UVB from the sun is as good as a full day under a bulb.
I can't see his you his Tounge to good when he licks something but from what I can see it looks fine. I live in Michigan so if I were to take him out he would most likely die within the first 10 minutes. When he sleeps he goes by his food and water dishes and that's where the UVB bulb is. When I wake up I usually turn it on and he sits there for a couple of hours.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Xxandster700xX":2if9vlac said:
Esther19":2if9vlac said:
I can't see his you his Tounge to good when he licks something but from what I can see it looks fine. I live in Michigan so if I were to take him out he would most likely die within the first 10 minutes. When he sleeps he goes by his food and water dishes and that's where the UVB bulb is. When I wake up I usually turn it on and he sits there for a couple of hours.
If your bathing him a couple times per week no water dish is needed ! :) They can harbor bacteria , raise humidity, and some beardies fall alseep in them and can drown.. :roll:

I cannot wait for summer,its at a high of 20 in MD and they are calling for freezing rain tomorrow! :banghead:

Xxandster700xX

Original Poster
My beardie has finally got all of his color back. I also won't to the pets store and was able to get more crickets for him. Sadly I wasn't able to get any new bulbs because my parents didint have enough money to get them. When I sleep should I shut the red heat light off or leave it on because I heard they sleep better with it off.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Xxandster700xX":fev3zwhu said:
Esther19":fev3zwhu said:
Yes, the red light should be off.
No doubting you but I wouldn't have a heat source if I did that and I just wanted to make shure that you knew that when you said that.
As long as your temps don't drop below 65*F at night your OK. If they do get a CHE bulb instead of the red light :)

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yes, they sleep better in complete darkness. You don't need to be concerned if your house stays at 70. 65 is okay, too. Lower than that, and you should probably have a ceramic heat emitter. It is better for them to have a nightly cool down, too. When sick, 80 is good, but without a proper thermometer, I think it would be best to let the tank cool down at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom