my bearded dragon just vomited

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone im wondering if someone could help me i have three young bearded dragons and one of them just vomited in her basking area. she was eating really fast and then she vomited. i don't know if it was bc of how fast she ate or something else. i built a custom terrarium modeled after the crossfire enclosure. the basking area is 115f using repti halogen 100w from zoomeds and the cool side is 80f i have a 10.0uvb reptiglo i feed her crickets and greens such as kale,mustard greens, and collard greens. i just recently gave her meal worms and occasionally give her wax worms as a treat. she is still young so i use flukers calcium and dust the crickets. i give the crickets flukers "cricket quencher". this is the first time this has happened she is a good eater and usually pretty active.she drinks well and they get baths 2-3 times a week. i also mist them once or twice a day. i have had other reptiles but this is my first time owning a bearded dragon. if i am doing something wrong please let me know so i can ensure my beardies get the best care possible. thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....sorry that your little one is sick. It's always a good idea to mention how big your dragon is. Little ones will often gobble up mealworms + then throw up. Mealies are harder to digest. Many people won't use them as feeders at all for small dragons, they can also cause impaction, or constipation. He should be fine, but I'd only usy freshly shed mealies for a small dragon. Waxworms may be gobbled + vomited as well. your best staples are crickets + dubia, no longer thabn the space between their eyes. For now, just offer more water...give a shallow bath daily for a few days and/ or spray gently on the head with a spray bottle or dropper. As the water rolls down the face they can drink. He should be fine but may not eat for a day or two. I'd also suggest taking the basking temp. down to 105.

iluvmybeardies

Original Poster
my beardie is about 6-8inches from head to tail..sorry i didn't put that in the description...but thank you for the info..

iluvmybeardies

Original Poster
ok i feed her again later that day and she was feeding fine. now its the 23 of april and she went from eating between 10- 20 crikets a day to only eating between 1&2 crikets a day. what would cause a sudden stop like this? ( started april 22 and she is only eating a few crikets) temps went from 122 degrees hot side and 101 on the cool to 104 degrees hot side and 80 cool side i was using a 100w repti halogen and now im using a 100w all living thins neodymium basking bulb. should i go back to using the repti halogen basking bulb? and should i worry or is this normal behavior for young bearded dragons. her length is about 8 inches long head to tail

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry you have had trouble with your dragon. I hope he is feeling better now.
I would recommend changing out your UVB light to a Zoomed Reptisun 10 tube bulb. Your basking light which is a neodymium coated bulb, is not bright enough (to the dragon) due to the coating of neodymium. It filters out the yellow hues essential for them. I would use a regular clear basking bulb or a halogen bulb, either one.
How are the temperatures now? Be sure the basking bulb is no closer than 6 inches & is mounted alongside of the tube bulb, for safety & creating a great basking/UVB area. Are you measuring the temperatures with a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Dragon31

Hi my dragon went through that an she were vomiting the vet said it was a stomach infection and put her on antibiotics, I hope she picks up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom