MVB users... First time MVBer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
So, I won a baby beardie :blob5: :blob5:

I found a great deal on craigslist for a self-ballasted viv that is 48" long x 24" deep x 30" tall. I'm was gonna get a 160W Megaray for that huge sucka. Sound like a good idea? Everything is mounted from the top, so I believe since it is 2'6 tall that the min close distance of 16-20" should be okay. any comments? sound good? let me know...

ANother thing -- I have calcium with D3 right now for sahara, but if i switch to an MVB i'll need calcium -- NO D3, so I was wondering if you could shoot me a link to find some. ALso is the regular multi-vit okay even though i'll have one BD with Reptisun 10 and one BD with MVB?

THanks for your help (again ;))

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
What type of light fixture is it on top of the viv? I have the ZooMed Slider Hood with fixtures in it for UVB and three sockets for lights...it has been a huge problem because with the tube flourescent, your beardie needs to be 6 - 8 inches from the UVB, but then it is hard to control the heat because you can't move the heat source up or down as needed. I got mine from Craigslist as well, and now have it relisted trying to sell the darn thing :?

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
puffsmama":1ku9yupa said:
What type of light fixture is it on top of the viv? I have the ZooMed Slider Hood with fixtures in it for UVB and three sockets for lights...it has been a huge problem because with the tube flourescent, your beardie needs to be 6 - 8 inches from the UVB, but then it is hard to control the heat because you can't move the heat source up or down as needed. I got mine from Craigslist as well, and now have it relisted trying to sell the darn thing :?
to be honest, im not sure about the fixture. i think its some sort of flood light mechanism with three ballasts. heres a link to the craigslist post i found it at:
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/1639519595.html

i figure since the tank is 48x24x30, there's plenty of room to thermoregulate and/or ove the basking spot as necessary. and also im leaning toward mvb because its such a big viv. that is a good point though, that i won't be able to move the light up and down as needed.

what do you think about me getting an mvb for this mammoth viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom