MVB in X fire tank. . . problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Hello all,

i just recently set up my xfire tanks, 2 x 2 x 4 with the light fixtured mounted inside of the enclosure.

I used these same bulbs, 100watt trex bulbs on a 40 breeder and had perfect temps.

now in my xfire tank the temps are shooting upwards of 115, this is with as much ventilation i can get into the tank, i had even hooked up some old computer fans to push fresh air in the tanks and im still getting pretty high readings.

does anyone know or have a similar issue, i want to get some 60watt EB's from reptile UV, but they are currently out of stock and back ordered. Does anyone else use 100watt bulbs in a Xfire enclosure? they have about 14 inches to the basking spot and its still getting pretty high. . .

help?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I have no solution for you. I will be getting the 100 watt Trex soon so will be watching the thread.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
if you reverse those fans to pull hot air out then you should notice a decrease in temps.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ohhhh. . . well that might make more sense now. . . gosh dammit so stupid, why didnt i think of that before. . . .hahahah its easier to take heat out, then to replace it with cooler air. By doing that it would also create a suction inside of the tank, thus pulling cool air in, while at the same time removing warm air. . . . hummm i should have thought that out a tiny bit more.

ill give it a try tomorrow since i wont be home from school untill prob about 8 or 9 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom