Mounting UVB/CHE fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockHound

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone,

Trying to position UVB fixtures can be such a pain. I was hoping to devise a way to mount one INSIDE the tank.
Has anyone done this? What type fixtures/adhesives did you use?
Pictures would be useful.

Though I'm mainly curious about this for when I build my next large tank, this week's project is going to be refurbishing a custom tank I got a few years back, that I use for my leopard geckos. Needs a good clean, new mesh, new plexiglass. It opens from the top and it's a pain, again, to position lights. Currently, the lamp is clamped awkwardly to the top handle, meaning I can't open the tank very wide and must always use a hand to hold the lid. Wondering if I could engineer a way to mount a CHE fixture inside the tank, or even in the lid with the mesh cut around it but in a place where I can still open the tank without interfering with it. Only issue with mounting it completely inside is that it may be in too close proximity to reptiles/furnishings, and I don't know much about CHE (currently using infrared for the geckos).

Any tips would be welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom