More Eggs!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
About a month ago I Found a bunch of eggs in Jasmine's enclosure. I had recently gotten her so I had no idea. The first batch of eggs were soft and infertile I assumed, so I disposed of them and set her up for a few days in a laybox and she layed about another 20.
That was about a month ago and today I found all this and now she looks really skinny in the tail section. I'm going to stick her back in the laybox now and see how it goes for her.
Is this normal? Laying so many eggs so far apart. Is it safe to assume that because the eggs are really soft they are infertile. Egg laying is not something I'm too familiar with.

3009712c.jpg

BigHass

my suggestion since your not familiar with egg laying is to get this
http://www.amazon.com/Bearded-Dragon-Advanced-Vivarium-Systems/dp/1882770595
it will really help you out since it has a lot of information in their about egg laying, diseases, and pretty much every aspect of a dragon. But to answer you question, it is normal to have them lay eggs so close together, she will normally lay eggs 1 more time after this if I'm not mistaken. Also you need to get her a high calcium diet and feed her multivitamins to get her back to health as fast as possible. Egg laying takes a lot out of them.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
J, yes she can lay them up to about a year. Just make sure you soak her good and up her calcium intake for the next 2 weeks. Any more questions just ask. :D

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the replies folks. I just chkd on her and she had laid another 4 eggs so far. I will leave her there till tomorrow night. I do have calcium and multiple vits that I give them all on a regular basis. I will up it for her though as suggested.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You really need to just up the calcium cause egg laying pretty wipes it out of their system. Just make sure to watch her urates for any color changes. And give her all she wants to eat for the next week to put on a little extra weight. :wink:

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Hey,
As you have already been told this is normal. Feed Her up on whatever she will pound down, roaches greens crickets suppers.
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom