Mercury Vapor Bulb for Play Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzbo

I have a play pen that my beardie runs around in. We have the usual basking spot in the play pen and he does like to lay under it. My question is does anyone see a problem with changing this to a mercury vapor bulb so he can get his UVB's also when he's in the play pen? He is usually in his cage most of the day M - F and then in his play pen for about an hour at night. On the weekends he is in there for maybe 3 hours a day. Should I not worry about UVB b/c he is in there for a small amount of time or is it safe for me to do the Mercury Vapor bulb for this?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
It's really your call, but it's not necessary for the amount of time he's in it. It wouldn't be unsafe, but for the amount mvb costs, I wouldn't worry. A beardie can go a week without UVB and be fine. I take my girl out for an hour everyday and sometimes 2-3 times a day and just have a basking spot setup for her so she doesn't get cold.

Spikey07

Juvie Member
If it is only an hour a day and 3 hours on a weekend that she is out of her tank you dont NEED an MVB in the play pen.

But if you do choose to get one make sure its the Power Sun 160w. I know there were problems with the 100w and some of the other brands are also no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom