Megarey MVB SB bulbs are back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Mega-Rey self ballast bulbs are back in stock for anyone that is interested. I can't wait for the EB bulbs to be back in stock, then I'm going to place an order along with a new 6.5 uvi meter for testing. I have the 6.2 meter now.

Owner of Max

Hatchling Member
From their website:

News & UpdatesNovember 12, 2011
Our SB 100, SB 100 Low, & SB 160 Watt 120 Volt bulbs are back in stock & available for order.
November 2, 2011
ReptileUV is moving to a new facility to better serve our friends and clients. Business will resume on Monday Nov 7th. With this move will be a renewed service by Bob and Debbie Mac personally. Your requests will be cared for at a much quicker pace as was in the beginning. All bulbs will be "adjusted" to our required specifications. We will also have the ability to send out "requested higher UVB" bulbs as we did in our original designs. Thank you again for your patience and loyalty!

Does anyone know if these are good and safe to use again?

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can't say for sure that they are safe but I feel confident in buying them again. However I will purchasing a new meter to test the bulbs that I buy. I would call or Email Bob and talk to him if you are considering going with a mega-ray and are unsure.

Owner of Max

Hatchling Member
I e-mailed them.

For months I couldn't get through calling or get an answer to an e-mail. I was not on this forum for quite some time and had no idea about there being any problems with them until I tried to order new ones. Let's see what they say in response to my e-mail and if I'm still not confident, I'm going to try calling Bob myself.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Whoever tests these.. I am dying to see the results.... I will be due for a new UVB light in December, and I would love to purchase one of these even though I lost $50 from the last one I bought that burnt out after 2 months and I could never get a hold of them again.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Laura are you buying the self balast? I won't be able to give results on those as I'm waiting for the eb bulbs. The original EB bulbs lasted for over a year, so for me it was a much better deal. My EB that I have now is still going strong according to my 6.2 but I can't test uvi. I'm assuming since I'm not having any eye issues that I'm ok. I would like to know for sure that's why I'm going to buy the 6.5 meter. It's an investment that pays for it self after a while in my eyes.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
jewl495":3rqil3r4 said:
Laura are you buying the self balast? I won't be able to give results on those as I'm waiting for the eb bulbs. The original EB bulbs lasted for over a year, so for me it was a much better deal. My EB that I have now is still going strong according to my 6.2 but I can't test uvi. I'm assuming since I'm not having any eye issues that I'm ok. I would like to know for sure that's why I'm going to buy the 6.5 meter. It's an investment that pays for it self after a while in my eyes.

I think I'm confused on the bulbs... What is the self balast vs. the EB bulb?

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Self ballast just goes right into the light fixture and it will work. The external ballast bulbs will not run without being plugged into the external ballast. They last longer,I think Bob explained that the external ballast gives more control over the light IDK. They hardly put out any heat at all. I have my set up geared for that and I hate switching over to any other UVB sorce because then I have to mess with my heating all over again. which is a pain getting everything just right. :roll:

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
jewl495":2xobx30h said:
Self ballast just goes right into the light fixture and it will work. The external ballast bulbs will not run without being plugged into the external ballast. They last longer,I think Bob explained that the external ballast gives more control over the light IDK. They hardly put out any heat at all. I have my set up geared for that and I hate switching over to any other UVB sorce because then I have to mess with my heating all over again. which is a pain getting everything just right. :roll:

AHHHHH... Yeah, I had the bulb... that went into my dome light fixture. It was the MVB bulb.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's hard to be patient but Im sure they are being flooded with emails, phone calls and orders right now. Give him a few days. Maybe I'll go ahead and Order the self ballast and start testing it. I want another dragon so having extra supplies on hand never hurts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom