mega ray dimmable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie1

hello, are mega-ray bulbs dimmable? i have built a 4ftx2ft tall x22deep enclosure. i have ordered a 100 watt megaray sb to use as partial heat and basking and uvb. i put a 35 watt spot lamp at 18 in from the basking site and it got over 120 deg. after some rearanging i got it down to 108deg. i use a digital with probe. and a 100 watt regular bulb for extra light. along with a 18 in reptiglo 10.0. whitch will be removed when i get the mega-ray tomorrow along with the spot. is the mega-ray goig to be as hot as the 35watt hologen spot? any help will be appreciated. the cold side was at 75deg. i also use a che at night that is on a thermostat to keep it at 70 at night. thank you. i have ceramic tile as substrate. will add pictures when i get home from work.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
The Mega will run between 95-105 degrees. Also dont forget to burn the bulb in for 3-4 12 hour days. You are not supposed to dim them. Also make sure it is 12-14 inches away. And more questions just ask! :D

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
You should let it burn in for a few days before you put your dragon in with it. Just plug it in and let it run for about 12 hours ...shut it off at night and repeat.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
John you will be fine! You need to burn the bulb in because the temps fluctuate up and down and not by a few degrees by a lot that is why we say to burn them in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom