Meet my new Baby! Number 3! (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hi all,

So heres the story, i got rexie (2yrs) from a petshop in Dec 08, in July 09 i adopted Fred (7yrs) who dispite his handling issues is doing great and on Saturday i took home Baby, which is the temporary name.

Baby was in the same petshop i got rexie but is now owned by some one new who actually has some idea of what they are doin. Baby is 7 months old and very small for his/her age, but while being in with other babies had gotten 3 of his/her little fingers bitten of during feeding time, two months ago. Ever since i have been saying to marty how i want to take baby home, as i had fallen in love with the little one. So finally last week i got the oppertunity to buy a second hand viv that was already set up for a dragon and the owner knowing us now so well let me take the baby home. As we live in a mobile home for the time being it was hard work fitting another viv in, including the snakes i now have 5! But thanks to my lovely fiance he made it work.

So i hope you enjoy seeing my new baby, he/she hasn't eating any crickets but ate a small amount of veg yesterday and he/she has stress marks so when baby settles in i'm hoping his/her eating improves a lot!

Heres the pics and please suggest some names for my new addition to my family!

4359465952_a9fd8e810e_m.jpg

4358725403_918108f3fa_m.jpg

Heres a good pic of baby's wee hand
4358725247_11b324d66d_m.jpg

4358725187_e2ddb6a52a_m.jpg

Stress marks
4358725099_c2f00fe6ed_m.jpg

So let me know any name suggestions, at the min we have no idea if we have a boy or girl! lol

puffwhizzcrooke

Hatchling Member
I got your message on facebook parents eh!! lol :roll:

That is one cute dragon you have there :D

As for a name what about Trio as he/she has 3 toes missing and is also dragon number 3 :wink:

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So i still haven't decided on a name! Baby has eaten about ten crix each day, i know he/she should be on a lot more but when he/she has decided he's had enough he won't eat anymore.

Last night the baby was able to see rexie in her viv and baby started head bobing and also waving! Sooo cute. Rexie just watched him and didn't react at all.

I'm still haveing very little luck with the veg eating maybe one of two pieces and that's it. Will keep trying!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Toni! :wave:

Gratz on the new little one....he/she is totally adorable. :love5:

Sorry I'm not so good with coming up with names. :|

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":e86c8 said:
Hi Toni! :wave:

Gratz on the new little one....he/she is totally adorable. :love5:

Sorry I'm not so good with coming up with names. :|

Me either at this point! The stress marks are starting to fade, eating crix ok but so far will eat one we peice of veg then won't eat anymore!

Having three less fingers does not deter baby at all, i was in the kitchen yesterday when marty called me in to the living room and baby was walking from one end of the sofa to th other horizontal! Spider dragon!

Being used to older dragons how quick this little one can move is all new to me! Baby also shed chin and neck and two back legs this weekend.

Marty's suggestions for a name was seven so this could be the temp name unitl i know if i have a boy or a girl. Even though they all have names i endup calling them silly names, rexie aka snuggle butt and queenie, fred aka mummies boy and prince! lol

I know i'm not the only one who does that! xxx

Yaaaay I finally get to see the lil critter, Hope he/she is doing well and so far I like the name trio or 3 hahaha

Gorgeous beardie you got there :)

Tanja

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KiffKringlex":f8b24 said:
Yaaaay I finally get to see the lil critter, Hope he/she is doing well and so far I like the name trio or 3 hahaha

Gorgeous beardie you got there :)

Tanja

My fiance's suggestion was seven cos only seven fingers! lol

Doing well not eating a huge amount but still eating, i'm waiting til after the two weeks before i bath baby, as i no in the pet shop baby was never bathed.

When i go in to get the little pooper he/she is quite happy and doesn't hide from me or run away. I will get bath pics hopefully this weekend and put them up!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Toni!

Is your baby drinking any water? If not I wouldn't wait on the bathing.
Remember babies can become dehydrated quite easily if they are not eating really well...in just a couple of days. I see this happen all the time with new baby owners. Once they become dehydrated they won't have any appetite. So make sure she stays well hydrated so you don't have any problems. :wink:

BTW....Seven is a unique name and befitting. :)

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didn't know that! Will start as soon as i get home then. He hasn't taken anything from me yet. Will take pics!

His stress marks are fading, and last night he ate about 20 crix at least! i lost count! lol

His hand has shed, and the wound looks alot better, not hard and crusty!

Barbara he about 15inches, but doesn't stay still long enough to get a proper measrument of him, He is between 7 and 9 months old i'm not sure, bt was always kept with other dragons. I know he is very small! What size should he be? Does anyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom