MBD and Calcium question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued a dragon with a relatively bad case of MBD about two-ish months ago. She was in a 60 gallon tank with a 200 watt house bub and a really old t8 fixture that did not emit UV. Her ribs and hip bones were showing, and she had pinworms.

She is three years old, 14 inches long, and 177 grams when I took her to the vet 6 weeks ago.

I switched out her tank and got her all the proper lighting, and bought her some liquid calcium from beautifuldragons. How often should I be giving her the calcium? I've been dosing her per the directions twice a week.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's probably safe to do it every other day, but I would suggest getting her out in the sun several times a week as well. [ Not in a glass tank, they get way too hot] The sun helps more quickly with MBD than the UVB bulbs.

slinkystumpy

Original Poster
Thanks for the response! should I wait until it is at least 65 out to take her outside? Or at this point it just matters that she will get sunlight?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, actually the only way to get them outside at a low temp. of 65 is if you have a dark plastic tote, on a bright day the sun would warm the tote up nicely, but other than that, it's rally too cool to take a chance. Better to wait for warmer weather, your Reptisun 10.0 will do the trick now that she's getting her calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom