Male or Female? Also color question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashpd2006

Hey everyone :D

I have 2 new baby beardies. The one came from a breeder and he guaranteed that Peach is in fact a girl. The other one came from Petsmart and of course they had no clue what Mario is. He/She is a Leatherback, but as far as color goes, I have no clue on that either. What do ya'll think?

This is Mario
001.jpg

This is Mario's goods
009.jpg

This is another shot of Mario
004-1.jpg

And here is Peach
012.jpg

011.jpg

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
Nice pics and dragons. How old is your leatherback? i just got a leatherback too from petsmart hes about a month old
IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

Ashpd2006

Original Poster
Yeah, I thought it might be too early to tell the sex, the breeder I bought Peach from said I could bring Mario up to the monthly reptile show and he could sex him/her for me. I just don't want to stress em out with a long car ride. I honestly don't know how petsMart ended up with Leatherbacks, of course they refer to them as "fancy", the girl working there wasn't sure how old the babies were....so I really have no clue on age, I. Guessing around a month or so, maybe 6 weeks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The bumps under the vent are irrelevant, they aren't the bumps you're looking for, just a different part of the anatomy. But if you hold the baby like you did , with the tail up, and twist it ever so gently and slightly to the side, you may see more clearly if there are 2 little " stick -like bumps" right above the vent.

platinumtreasure

Hatchling Member
AHBD":xc951d2j said:
The bumps under the vent are irrelevant, they aren't the bumps you're looking for, just a different part of the anatomy. But if you hold the baby like you did , with the tail up, and twist it ever so gently and slightly to the side, you may see more clearly if there are 2 little " stick -like bumps" right above the vent.

Ahhhhh thats what you look for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom