Losing intrest...? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
i seem to be losing intrest in my BD.... i mean i still feed him everyday ect. bathe once a week but im just not as intrested as u know the first week or 2.
I mean its not like i wanna give him away at all i never will, and again i still care the same for him the same, but like.... YEAH...O_O
im not even sure what im trying to ask but o_O
What shud i do?
did this happen to any1 else?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I can't say that I've had that happen. I do get really busy and don't give them the attention they feel they deserve. I get a certain look if I don't hold Goldie as much as she wants me to. Rosie clings to me and won't let me put her down. They are soo funny and a lot of fun to have. If you need something to laugh at, there they are to do something funny and you just have to laugh.

Have you tried putting them on your shoulder while you do your homework? I do get into the strangest positions when Goldie insists on clinging to the back of my neck. How old is he?

Rukii

Juvie Member
Just think of how sad he would be to lose the one who adopted him and loves him :( He needs a devoted, loving, caring parent, and you are just the right person for it! Think of how cool it would be to carry him around on your shoulder, saying you own a DRAGON, feeding him roaches, and just spending time with him, giving him the best life he can have! Try spending a lot more time with him, take him out for a car ride or a walk, or just let him run around on your bed or couch. Learn his likes and dislikes, let him fall asleep on you, have breakfast together :p You'll learn to love him and his quirky, unique personality, I promise :)

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
I have never lost my interest in Elvis, on the days when I need a good laugh hes always there trying (but failing) to climb the window screen or bolt under my bed where he thinks is a good sleeping spot. He sits with me when I do my homework, and always trys to eat the cap earsers. And now Im getting a new beardie, Blaze, so I can have 2 little beardies to laugh at :)

Plus, all my friends love the fact that I own a "bearded dragon" just the name of them gets people interested. (I always get asked if he "breaths fire" or has a furry beard :lol: :roll: ) And when I hangout with my friends, they all request that Elvis comes along.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rukii":1z3waa8n said:
Just think of how sad he would be to lose the one who adopted him and loves him :( He needs a devoted, loving, caring parent, and you are just the right person for it! Think of how cool it would be to carry him around on your shoulder, saying you own a DRAGON, feeding him roaches, and just spending time with him, giving him the best life he can have! Try spending a lot more time with him, take him out for a car ride or a walk, or just let him run around on your bed or couch. Learn his likes and dislikes, let him fall asleep on you, have breakfast together :p You'll learn to love him and his quirky, unique personality, I promise :)

well atm i cant do any of that he doesnt have much experiance being out of his cage, although some times i hold him my room is messy and if he got away id never find him, im also about to move houses... i want to be able to have him out of his cage but... aaagh

isdrake

Hatchling Member
It seems pretty common that people who are new to lizards looses their interest and get rid of their pets. =(

I don't think it's weird that you aren't as interested as you where the first couple of week. New things are always extra exciting. Keep in mind that bearded dragons are solitary animals. Your dragon doesn't need your attention, he is doing great on his own. All you have to do it to provide him with a good environment and a good diet and he will be just fine. As long as you can provide him with that you don't have to feel guilty.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
i havent lost interest either my friend, i do agree with some of hte posts above though, do you walk around your neighborhood? if so walk for a few mins each day with him on your shoulder, Phoenix my older one, loves to go outside with me and he will sit on me for hours if i let him, plus i love the reactions i get from people lol! Now my little one we are working with her more and more but her being so young its harder to do those things with her, because she can slip her harness and i'd be afraid i'd lose her. also phoenix loves when i get the hammock out and set it up and get my book and he will relax on my chest while i rock us and read, he loves to hear me talk to him so i think he enjoys it :D

also if you are nervous about him getting lost do i what i did. i started out in the bathroom. I have a master bathroom, i would put towels under the closet and the bathroom door, and let him run and play, i did that until i learned about him, what he wanted to do, learned where he would hide, things like that... now when he wants out i put the baby gate up and put him in the hallway, there isnt anywhere he can go and nothing he can get into there... i again put towels under teh bedroom doors so he cant get in there

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Phoenix17June2009":1zdhbmmb said:
i havent lost interest either my friend, i do agree with some of hte posts above though, do you walk around your neighborhood? if so walk for a few mins each day with him on your shoulder, Phoenix my older one, loves to go outside with me and he will sit on me for hours if i let him, plus i love the reactions i get from people lol! Now my little one we are working with her more and more but her being so young its harder to do those things with her, because she can slip her harness and i'd be afraid i'd lose her. also phoenix loves when i get the hammock out and set it up and get my book and he will relax on my chest while i rock us and read, he loves to hear me talk to him so i think he enjoys it :D

also if you are nervous about him getting lost do i what i did. i started out in the bathroom. I have a master bathroom, i would put towels under the closet and the bathroom door, and let him run and play, i did that until i learned about him, what he wanted to do, learned where he would hide, things like that... now when he wants out i put the baby gate up and put him in the hallway, there isnt anywhere he can go and nothing he can get into there... i again put towels under teh bedroom doors so he cant get in there

that sounds great :/ atm my house i live in east texas and we have tranculas or how ever u spell it, ive seen one in my bathroom altho were moving in week or 2 im scared to let him rome in my current bathroom! when i move perhaps.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
oohhh okay, well in time you will find out the best way to spend time with him, it will prolly be easier when you move, i hope you find a way to spend loads of time with your sweetheart!!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
I am willing to stand up and say that I have experienced this. I think it has to do with the depression I go through during the winter. I am also willing to stand up and say that sometimes my beardies have only gotten minimal care during these times. Not neglected or anything, but just not as spoiled and not as much attention as I would normally give.

Here is what gets me interested. First of all, reading these forums. Reading about other beardies and how other people interact with their beardies gives me the urge to love on mine even more.

Alsol, I read the Reptiles section of Yahoo Answers. There are soooo many people who just don't have a clue and I answer question after question. Sometimes it is basic care info, but sometimes the beardie being asked about is already in poor health so I give advice on how to nurse it back to health.

And the whole time, I know that I can't give people advice on how to give top notch care without giving that top notch care myself and that motivates me to live up to my own standards.

So, try to stay active in some bd community, this one being the best one, of course! That will help keep your interest and motivation up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom