lizard togo cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
So my lizard does not do well in public. public meaning anywhere outside my house lol. I tried the leash thing and it ended up in me having a vary mad and flopping dragon on a string, and me ending up getting bit by my beardie and him almost hurting himself trying to get away from me. I want him to be able to get some real sun a few times a week so this is what i came up with.

photobucket-1181-1344794050850.jpg

photobucket-3102-1344794051885.jpg

photobucket-1817-1344794051344.jpg

We are only on day two of using our little togo box and he still puffs and hisses but he gets some real sun and I don't have to get biten :blob8: :D

photobucket-1765-1344795323681.jpg

photobucket-1066-1344795323104.jpg

If any body likes this let me know and ill post a simple how to drawing to help get ya started on one.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It was pretty ez. only took a couple of hours. i'll post a drawing here in a little while in case you decide to do one.

Hak

This is really cool. I like the idea especially for vet visits etc. I do have a concern though. I am sure you are attending your dragon while in the cage, but being so small (the cage), it doesnt give your dragon any options to thermo or photo regulate while in the sun. Looks like you have a pretty good sized deck there. May I suggest partitioning a section off that is large enough to offer a hide so your dragon can escape the sun if it finds that necessary. That way you could put him in the togo cage, set it in the outdoor pen and open the door to let him roam the pen and make his own decision of whether to bask or retreat to the hide once he has had his fill of the sun.

Happy Bearding

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
or maybe just put shade over one side of the cage. I might make mine a bit bigger, beacuse Toothless gets very excitable outside.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
here is a vary simple drawing.
i used a jigsaw to cut. i put to small eyelets on top for a little carrying strap. one more on the door to keep it close i just used a small piece of wire from the top eyelet to the one on the door.
the wire mesh to cover it comes in different sizes i would suggest buying it first to make sure you get the width right. I stapled it down with 1/4" staples.
i stained it with some stain i had left from building a viv.
the bottom of the inside is non adhesive self liner stretched and stapled.
photobucket-1592-1344867433833.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom