lizard luxuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
That's adorable. Had to take a peek since I'm in the middle of designing the new viv. Can't give you any insight though. Sorry.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
prices seem a little high for what is essentially some pretty simple needlework, plus those "necklaces" look like some one took a childs bracelet and slapped it on a beardie then thought that beardie owners would be stupid enough to buy something that absurd.

I'm sorry, i can't get on board with this, it's over-priced and pretentious.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I never mentioned the necklace, as I wouldnt do that to my dog, let alone a dragon. I just thought the basket was perfect. If I could find that basket I'd make one myself.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
bambichik39":8nw341ub said:
I never mentioned the necklace, as I wouldnt do that to my dog, let alone a dragon. I just thought the basket was perfect. If I could find that basket I'd make one myself.

i bet you could find a better one doing a google search. well a comparable one at least.

Chirple

Hatchling Member
For what it's worth, I think it's a fair price for a product made by hand by a human being. People devalue craft and artisan labour a lot, unfortunately. I don't think a lot realise what a great "deal" we get by exploiting sweatshop labour to get the same thing for $10. Even simple things take time to make and investment of machinery and such costs.

I know not everyone has the money to pay for hand-crafted items, so it's okay to make your own, too (and can be fun). :D A little basket + stuffed squares and rectangles.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Chirple":1z1fn8ql said:
For what it's worth, I think it's a fair price for a product made by hand by a human being. People devalue craft and artisan labour a lot, unfortunately. I don't think a lot realise what a great "deal" we get by exploiting sweatshop labour to get the same thing for $10. Even simple things take time to make and investment of machinery and such costs.

I know not everyone has the money to pay for hand-crafted items, so it's okay to make your own, too (and can be fun). :D A little basket + stuffed squares and rectangles.

agreed, i just think 20 -30$ for stuff like that is a little rich when I live next to a craft store and I know how much fabric and metal O rings cost.

figpucker

I have both the bed and the hammock....I can't sew so I went ahead and got em.
My girl Bella loves her bed especially with the little pillows.

The hammock is just a bit bigger than the regular green mesh hammock. It's super soft and seems really comfy.
Best of all....both of these items can be tossed in the washer.

I love em....the beardies love em!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I'm a huge DIY person, so I can't pay those kinds of prices for things I can do myself. But, I have been paid very handsomely for work I have done for people who don't have the skill set that I have.

Anyway, that said, I've been pondering the little sofas ever since seeing this thread. I designed this L shaped ledge between two platforms that I'm now going to add cushions & pillows to make it a little sofa piece. :D

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
figpucker":dymqggvi said:
I have both the bed and the hammock....I can't sew so I went ahead and got em.
My girl Bella loves her bed especially with the little pillows.

The hammock is just a bit bigger than the regular green mesh hammock. It's super soft and seems really comfy.
Best of all....both of these items can be tossed in the washer.

I love em....the beardies love em!

Can you tell me the dimensions on the lounge? I want to make sure one would even fit (i just bought a crossfire so it would, but i dont want it to be too cramped) She doesnt have them listed on the website. Its not the 25 I dont want to spend, its the extra 10$ in shipping! If I saw these at a show I wouldn't hesitate, as I'm sure the basket is most of the cost in the price. I just figured if I could find the basket, I'd save myself some money, and be able to pick out the perfect fabric. Although I'm not the best sewer, I'm sure I could haggle my mom into doing it for me.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
I made a simple couch for my beardie. A little heavy foam from jo-anne's (the green one) and an old fleece sweater did the trick. She loves laying in it :) Ill probably make an improved one later

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
RandyMarsh":ycmbw4ho said:
Chirple":ycmbw4ho said:

agreed, i just think 20 -30$ for stuff like that is a little rich when I live next to a craft store and I know how much fabric and metal O rings cost.
if you know anything about selling you have to cover the cost of making it and add a little bit more for profit. for being hand made with quality materials her prices are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom