Limping left front leg

Rico

Beardie name(s)
Rico
Hi Everyone.

I need help with Rico again.
After a couple months of adopting this very picky eater, she’s still won’t eat greens and have to syringe water.
I’ve noticed the last several weeks after out on floor for a bit she’s starts limping on front leg. I’ve moved it around and no flinching.
She’s still loves her worms that I dust with multi vitamin from vet. But withholding until she eats greens.
This other problem is that when I feed her hornworms or mealworms she doesn’t poop at the times I need to get the specimen to vet to make sure she doesn’t still have more parasites than the want to see.
And she still wants to sleep a lot.
My place is not air conditioned and it’s been a bit warm and I’ve raised the heat lamp. I’ve taken her outside to get real light and sun.
I really think the people who had this three year old did NOT take care of her like they said they did.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Everyone.

I need help with Rico again.
After a couple months of adopting this very picky eater, she’s still won’t eat greens and have to syringe water.
I’ve noticed the last several weeks after out on floor for a bit she’s starts limping on front leg. I’ve moved it around and no flinching.
She’s still loves her worms that I dust with multi vitamin from vet. But withholding until she eats greens.
This other problem is that when I feed her hornworms or mealworms she doesn’t poop at the times I need to get the specimen to vet to make sure she doesn’t still have more parasites than the want to see.
And she still wants to sleep a lot.
My place is not air conditioned and it’s been a bit warm and I’ve raised the heat lamp. I’ve taken her outside to get real light and sun.
I really think the people who had this three year old did NOT take care of her like they said they did.
Surface basking temps please? No stickons digital probe thermometer- if you need a poop sample feed her some plain canned pumpkin that will make her go-- the uvb is what brand and bulb and where is it on the tank?

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Surface basking temps please? No stickons digital probe thermometer- if you need a poop sample feed her some plain canned pumpkin that will make her go-- the uvb is what brand and bulb and where is it on the tank?
It’s 90 on basking. Had to raise lamp up a bit because it was too hot for her. The digital I use I put probe directly on basking.
I use digital for humidity and it’s ok.
Should I give her something else besides the canned pumpkin? Hornworms or something. Or will they be able to tell if nothing else is on her stomach?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It’s 90 on basking. Had to raise lamp up a bit because it was too hot for her. The digital I use I put probe directly on basking.
I use digital for humidity and it’s ok.
Should I give her something else besides the canned pumpkin? Hornworms or something. Or will they be able to tell if nothing else is on her stomach?
Canned pumpkin works the best -- digital probe for humidity and getting surface basking temps are the best - hygrometer should be on the center back wall of the tank - 90 on the basking is not quite hot enough - please get it up to 95-100- if you haft to change wattage on bulbs please do so-- for the limping leg what UVB are you using please ? Is there a hammock in the tank?

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Above 90 is too hot for her. I’ll try to shoot a bit higher.
The uvb is one you suggested. I threw away box. It’s the Arcadia one. I mounted underneath screen next to basking lamp. Hygrometer is located in the center. Readings are good. If it gets too high (I don’t have air conditioning) I put a rice sock in.
I just a slight limp after walking around for a bit. I think the front leg is better than the rear ones. She might have hurt it at some point.
Just mix the pumpkin in with greens?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Above 90 is too hot for her. I’ll try to shoot a bit higher.
The uvb is one you suggested. I threw away box. It’s the Arcadia one. I mounted underneath screen next to basking lamp. Hygrometer is located in the center. Readings are good. If it gets too high (I don’t have air conditioning) I put a rice sock in.
I just a slight limp after walking around for a bit. I think the front leg is better than the rear ones. She might have hurt it at some point.
Just mix the pumpkin in with greens?
See if she will lick it off the spoon- -- is the distance correct for the UVB? 12-15 inches? What is the humidity running? Try 95 for your surface basking temp -- Are you changing the UVB bulb out every 10-11 months?

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
See if she will lick it off the spoon- -- is the distance correct for the UVB? 12-15 inches? What is the humidity running? Try 95 for your surface basking temp -- Are you changing the UVB bulb out every 10-11 months?
I’ll try. I chopped the greens and she seemed a bit interested took a few bites. Maybe some answer.
UVB is a little over 12”. She seems to like that over the basking spot. But does go on basking spot after a while. I’ve only adopted her about three months ago. Bulb is about 2 1/2 months. Humidity was at 65 a bit ago…. Live in Ohio and unreal weather…. now about 45. When it reaches about 55 I put rice back in and it brings it down.
I do have hornworms but very small at moment. Seems places around here are having a shortage.
I heard to stay away from super worms. She won’t go for crickets or Dubai’s.
I turn lights on around 6, if it’s workday it’s at 5:15.
She sometimes in her blackout hide. Or under the log. I take her out. Hold her. Put her on counter starting today so she can see me chopping her greens and putting it in. Then put her on basking spot.
She’s pretty much always looking at me when up.
Sorry so long.
Teresa

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’ll try. I chopped the greens and she seemed a bit interested took a few bites. Maybe some answer.
UVB is a little over 12”. She seems to like that over the basking spot. But does go on basking spot after a while. I’ve only adopted her about three months ago. Bulb is about 2 1/2 months. Humidity was at 65 a bit ago…. Live in Ohio and unreal weather…. now about 45. When it reaches about 55 I put rice back in and it brings it down.
I do have hornworms but very small at moment. Seems places around here are having a shortage.
I heard to stay away from super worms. She won’t go for crickets or Dubai’s.
I turn lights on around 6, if it’s workday it’s at 5:15.
She sometimes in her blackout hide. Or under the log. I take her out. Hold her. Put her on counter starting today so she can see me chopping her greens and putting it in. Then put her on basking spot.
She’s pretty much always looking at me when up.
Sorry so long.
Teresa
Your humidity is good optimal 40-50% -- this helps w/ shedding-- are you ordering hornworms on line? Dubiaroaches.com has them - Super worms are a good treat worm - fed every other day 3 or so -- what are you using for a staple feeder? Silk worms are good along w/ BSFL

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Your humidity is good optimal 40-50% -- this helps w/ shedding-- are you ordering hornworms on line? Dubiaroaches.com has them - Super worms are a good treat worm - fed every other day 3 or so -- what are you using for a staple feeder? Silk worms are good along w/ BSFL
Here’s the thing… these stores around here a few times don’t have fresh worms. I ordered from Dubai for my last who liked the roaches. Post office kinda freaked out those times 😂

I didn’t know they had hormworms. I got sold worms at two stores and they wouldn’t wake up, except a few. What is BSFL?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here’s the thing… these stores around here a few times don’t have fresh worms. I ordered from Dubai for my last who liked the roaches. Post office kinda freaked out those times 😂

I didn’t know they had hormworms. I got sold worms at two stores and they wouldn’t wake up, except a few. What is BSFL?
BSFL black soldier fly larvae -- www.symtonbsf.com
websites to shop for worms etc
www.reptilianarts.com
Fluker Farms - Order Live Crickets, Mealworms, Superworms
www.joshsfrogs.com they have butter worms

Last edited:

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I gave her water with vitamins. Want refuse anything until she goes for greens. I have to do water by syringe and it’s been a few days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I gave her water with vitamins. Want refuse anything until she goes for greens. I have to do water by syringe and it’s been a few days.
Not understanding your post - want refuse anything until she goes for greens? Try dropping water on her nose see if she will lick -

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Not understanding your post - want refuse anything until she goes for greens? Try dropping water on her nose see if she will lick -
Sorry. I’m trying to withhold worms until she eats some greens. She hadn’t eaten in about 4 days. So last night I gave her a vitamin powder (vet recommended when I took her the first time) in water so at least she would get something in her. Only once has she licked water off her nose since I’ve had her.
I do have a rather large hornworm I can give because of course they keep growing lol.
My vet thinks she’s being stubborn.
I can’t get another good fecal sample in a timely manner so they can recheck for parasites.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sorry. I’m trying to withhold worms until she eats some greens. She hadn’t eaten in about 4 days. So last night I gave her a vitamin powder (vet recommended when I took her the first time) in water so at least she would get something in her. Only once has she licked water off her nose since I’ve had her.
I do have a rather large hornworm I can give because of course they keep growing lol.
My vet thinks she’s being stubborn.
I can’t get another good fecal sample in a timely manner so they can recheck for parasites.
Feed plain canned pumpkin -- see if she will lick it off a spoon -- that will make her go poop - you can also try unsweetened applesauce - baby food prunes - the horn worm will provide hydration -

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Feed plain canned pumpkin -- see if she will lick it off a spoon -- that will make her go poop - you can also try unsweetened applesauce - baby food prunes - the horn worm will provide hydration -
Well, pooped really large and some watery about 4 days ago. Not concerned about that.
I just broke and gave her a couple of small hornworms and several small mealworms in her salad. Of course, she went after them….

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom