Limp Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning when we woke up, our Draco Phoenix's back left leg looked a little swollen, and he seemed to be favoring it. Since then, the swelling has gone down, but the leg is still limp. He's getting around pretty good, still, and is in the process of shedding. He's eating normally, and pooping normally (It's driving me nuts, because he refuses to poop anywhere but his basking rock, so I have to wash it at least once a day). You can't really tell that it's limp until you handle him, but I'm pretty worried about it. :?

This is as good of a picture as I could get...

001.jpg

This was him eating breakfast this morning, and the leg looked normal.

Draco0022.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Did your beardie fall from anything lately? He may have fallen from a branch or basking spot in his enclosure or possibly got that leg wedged in between something and bruised it. How is his leg doing today? Is he using it?

LittleOne2321

Original Poster
It's doing much better today. I was able to get him out for some play time for a longer time than usual. He was jumping and running all around, and jumping at the mouse on my computer screen (I don't think it helped that I kept telling him "Get it! Get it!" Haha.) The leg is still a little off...not as responsive as the other one when I touch it...just little things like that. He doesn't have anything to fall off of in his tank, really. I just don't know why it happened.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It sounds like he may have just bruised it somehow. If he is using it that is a good sign. Just keep an eye on it and see how he does. If he does seem to favor it again, you might want to take him in to a vet and have it looked at. In the mean time try not to let him jump around on it too much, so that it can heal if in fact it was injured. If you have anything he can fall or jump off of in his enclosure(branches, etc..) take them out just to be on the safe side for a while until you know how the leg is doing. If he has a raised basking spot you could try lowering it for the time being. A sprain or injury can take a while to heal.
Keep us updated on your little guy.

LittleOne2321

Original Poster
Will do. His basking spot is just a rock/cave thing. It's not really high, and he doesn't have any problem getting on and off of it. He slept on it last night, which is unusual because he usually sleeps on his cactus, but it might just been to keep it from being injured by the cactus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom