LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
You're very welcome Jason!! Anything I can do for that amazing little girl! I'm so happy to see her! Nothing wrong with being a lazy girl :) give her kisses for me and tell her there are more buggiewuggies coming!

PeachyLeachy

I just joined BD.org very recently and have been casually reading some of the forums. I came across this one and just had to comment on how lucky LG is to have you! I've always been an animal lover, and it just brings tears to my eyes when I hear rescue stories like this. I'm sure LG thanks you every day, in her own little beardie way. :) I just had to let you know how much it touched me to keep seeing updates of LG's tank and food and such. The world needs more people like you. I don't even want to think about how many people would have walked by that poor little beardie and not thought twice about it! Keep up the good work :D

Tirfup

i wish i had half the strength and courage you do , if i would have seen LG in that pet store i would have seen no hope for her , i would have wished a swift end for it , if possible adopted it and had it euthanized , ****ty as that may sound , what you've done with LG is amazing and clearly sets new boundries for what CAN be done , i really am at a loss for words right now , you and your dragon are both amazing survivors , keep well , hope to see more pics of LG to come

jellybaby90

How weird! I just saw a video of LG on youtube yesterday and here you both are!
Hats off to you what an amazing person you are taking this on, I was in tears reading the first post, what an absolute trooper..
Geez, if only there were more people like you around! Inspiring, really.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
LG is a huge heap of cute! Look how well she is doing!
Does this mean you finally have a paypal account?
The dragons here have a couple of pennies saved (they have their own account) and we still want to send some across for veggies for the both of you.

Either that or I sign up to Walmart - not easy from the UK! :p

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey Jason...just thinking of you an your girl...

Is LG getting ready to brumate yet? Mine are all ready. :(

Hope you are doing better!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I really apologize for letting her thread go for this long. Health issues as well as family issues have been a really tangible strain these past months.

I am writing this on my friends smart phone. My internet has been removrd so my posts will be less frequent.

I have a couple new pics of lg. She has been sleeping alot lately but she came oit a couple days ago for water. Will try to figure out how to post tgise pics I have. Until then, thankyou all for tje well wishes. ;)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that you're still having health issues, and now compounded with family issues as well.
But I'm glad to see you back, even if it's only for a little bit at a time.

Can't wait to see LG's new pics.

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Get well, LG. I watched all your youtube videos and read your story about her. I'm sorry to hear about your family issues. You and your family are in my prayers. :(

You've got a lot of heart to care for a special needs bearded dragon. She's lucky to have you. (All of them are.)

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I appologize for the long gaps in my updates these past months. When I was signing in I saw there was a calender with user's pictures. I will have to take a look at that because it's something that would have been fun.

LG is brumating now. For the last couple months she has been sleeping in her hide for a few days at a time, then she comes out for half a day to bask and drink water.

She seems happy in her hide. she has that beard pattern that is white all the way down to the bottom of the spikes, with just a little black in the background. She's got a little towel rolled up on the darkest side, she likes to rest her head on that alot.

I had that awesome nitted LG doll in there with her for a while, but once she went to the bathroom near it too close for compfort. I didn't want it to get ruined so now it's on the side of her tank.

I'm actually good on supplements for the moment. Istill have a couple jars of calcim and some multivitamin powder too.

She hasn't been eating lately. Every time I try to put food in her mouth she clamps her lips shut. There seems to be some sticky saliva too so I don't want to force her if she doesn't want to eat... That's when I give her a good drink of filtered water. She gets all excited, arches her back and start lapping it up like there's no tomorrow.

She seems good overall, considering her circumstances. I, on the other hand, have been hurting myself left and right... First I stepped on a piece of glass and had to dig it out of my foot. Limping around all week caused my hip to start popping on the other leg because I had been favoring it so much. So now I'm limping around on both legs taking baby steps everywhere(I don't drive). Then I cut my finger while digging around in a box for something. To top it all off, I've been having grand mal siezures almost every week for the past month. Usually I'll have petite mal siezures which is just a weird dejavu feeling that doesn't make me sieze.

Just this morning actually, I woke up and just 5 minutes later I could feel it coming. Layed down on my bed, called my mom and then went out. Mom left her cell at home and when I told her waht happened she checked her phone and there was a message. We lisened to in on speaker and it was basically 1 or 2 minutes of me flopping around and moaning/babbling. Gonna record that message and show it to my doctor.

Ok well I got wrap this up because there is a dinner I have to go to with my mom. Didn't think I was going to make it, but I took a tylenol 3 and some numbing gel for my chewed up tounge(still don't know if I'll be able to eat anything)...

Thankyou everyone for your support. I swear I'm gonna get some pics up soon. My buddy has this smart phone and if I use it instead of my digi camera it might be easier to upload them.

Will be back soon, thanks again everyone; Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom