Length Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4 month old bearded dragon named Daisy(Name to be changed if it turns out to be a male) and she is around 10 and a half inches pushing 11. Is that a decent size for her age? I have her in a 40 gallon breeder 106 basking, 100 ambient, 80 cool, and a reptisun 10.0 bulb. She usually eats 30+ crickets a day and around 20+ phoenix worms but as of right now I am pretty sure shes going to be shedding very shortly because her appetite cut back to 15 crickets and 10 phoenix worms. She has shed fully 3 times since I have had her. She is a active dragon loves to glass walk for hours XD. The only thing she is lazy with is eating... She waits for the crickets to come with her otherwise she wont go after them unless I miss a feeding through the day. She usually eats 5-10 crickets a feeding depending on her mood. I usually can tell she is hungry because she will hop off her basking spot and stare at me. She has a full tail lol I just suck at taking pictures

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
When we first got Redrock we were told she was about 4 months old and she was about 11 inches long. You could try to feed her two or three times a day at that point.

BTW: She's pretty. You may be able to successfully sex her now.

Chirple

Hatchling Member
She has lovely colours. :)

Your set-up sounds good and that's an average length for that age. My bearded dragon started off that size in February, and is now 17-18" long !

I'm not sure exactly how it equates to crickets, but at first he only ate ~7 roaches a day. After being treated for pinworms, he's up to 20-25 a day. After passing 16", he now gets 50-50 dubia roaches and superworms. He's on the lower end of the eating scale, but he's grown so much and the vet says he's doing great. As long as she's growing well (2" a month is normal and it seems like they never stop shedding, just cycling which parts they shed), eating well, doesn't look skinny, I wouldn't worry.

If her poop is at all watery / stinky, you might consider a parasite test, but her diet sounds pretty healthy to me so I wouldn't be concerned unless there is something not-quite-normal like weird poop or lack or poop (I've learned with "exotic" pets that poop is an important factor in determining problems :p). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom