Leashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so how in the world do some of you guys get your beardie to get into their leashes. More specifically, I'm talking about the ones that wrap around the body with some slits for the legs, not the string ones. I decided to make one for Phoenix out of felt that I embroidered around the edge with my sewing machine (It looks SOOOO cute!! :love5: I wanna make more!!), but I could not get her to stay in it! The farthest I got was both hands, and then she used her back legs to scramble out. :blob8: I haven't even bothered to figure out what I'm gonna do for the lead yet, because she won't get in the harness! :banghead:

By the way, as soon as I get my computer back, I'm thinking of putting these harnesses up in the For Sale discussions with pics.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
tee hee, good luck! A lot of times it's persistence that's the name of the game. My Khan does not wear up-front harnesses, he bloats and writhes like he's dying, so I have to use the "hind leg" approach on him. Just keep on truckin' and you'll get her in it eventually :)

LittleOne2321

Original Poster
Thanks! I think once I get the lead on, it might be easier to keep her in it, since it'll be closed. I also think I may have made it a little long, but that's an easy enough fix.

LittleOne2321

Original Poster
articwolfgirl":2jzi14sw said:
ohh let me know if your do :) Id like one

Totally!! They're uber cute, and I can do all sorts of different stitches on the edge. The one I did for Phoenix was brown and pink, but I can do different colors, too!

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
alright neat youll have to post pictures of what your able to do :) my little man is still growing and his colors lean more orange and red :D

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've never had a problem getting a harness on a dragon. I generally sit the harness on the arm of the sofa and then place the dragon on top. Gently place feet through the holes, lift the edges then quickly tighten the lead.
Juvies squirm around a bit but adults usually just sit and take it. Make sure to touch your dragons feet and legs often, it really helps if they are used to having them handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom