Layed eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
I posted here a few weeks back as my bearded dragon was about to lay for the first time but was acting all strange.

Anyway almost one month later she layed today! 35 eggs! I locked her in a lay box today instea of giving her the choice as I came home to discover she has ripped out one of her claws on the vibration scratching, so I decided to shut her in the box and she finally layed! :D

I took her out after she had buried them and was just licking the sand, she ate 1 locust and then went back to normal for around 10 minutes then started going crazy again? She is now sleeping as its her bed time, but I tried to lock her back in and she didn't seem interested, I'm going to give her a bath in the morning after he has rested, did I take we out too soon should I have left her there all night even after laying?

Any tips?

vampy

Juvie Member
I wouldn't have left her in there all night either, it would be too damp for her. I'm sure she'll be back to normal in the morning and have forgotten all about the eggs. If she's anything like our female, she'll be pretty thirsty...all that digging is hard work!

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh I feel bad now as it was so close to bed time I didn't give her a bath as shed been in the damp half the day in sand then a bath she's sleeping now so hopefully will want a bath in the morning she looks so skinny! :( ill fatten her up.

Do I just throw out the eggs? She has definitely not been anywhere near a male I've had her 10 months, but some of the eggs look perfectly white and rounded and the majority is yellow dented, there is no way any of these could be fertile? Sully question just seems weird throwing them away

vampy

Juvie Member
If she's never been near a male, they won't be fertile, so just throw them away. If there's any chance at all they could be fertile, then you can put them in the freezer for a few days before chucking them, but with having her for 10 months and never mating her, there's no chance, so just put them in the bin.

She'll be fine, just give her lots of love and her favourite foods, and she'll bounce right back

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, yeah I thought that but seems weird just throwing them bless her yeah she will be fine, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom