Kissing your Beardie xoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I'd like to share a fact about getting salmonella from eggs. This came from Alton Brown on the show 'Good Eats'. I don't remember it that well so some of the info may be foggy. Now, some people remember seeing the 'Rocky' movies where he drank raw eggs. And that was a risk, but the risk has increased. Why? Because of the places that most people get their eggs from, Chicken Farms. Those places are very unsanitary and cruel to the chickens. My family gets our eggs from free range chickens. But that is mainly because happy chicken eggs taste better. :p

But I'm not sure about my info. So if I have said anything wrong, please correct me. I don't want to be telling people wrong info. :)

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
I have never kissed my beardie and never plan on it. Mine is one that always runs through her poop. And just for the record almost all beardies will sample their poop without their owners knowing. I know this first hand. :puke:

jings55

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! I had no idea when I asked my question originally, that this would lead to so much discussion! :eek:

Anyways, just for y'alls information, I just saw on the news that there is currently a huge salamonella outbreak going on in 20 states! It all started with bad cantaloupes in Indiana. Now it has spread to 20 other states. It has sickened 141 people, 31 of which are hospitalized and KILLED 2 people!!! Authorities are saying to throw out any cantaloupes bought since July 7th and also, that the affected cantaloupes have a sticker on them identifying them as coming from Indiana. Other cantaloupes are okay to eat.

I think I will stick to "Eskimo Kisses" on the nose with Stryker! :)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
This discussion is so long that I forgot who started it. Wow, salmonella in cantaloupes. Man, you'd really think it is the end days with all the bad going on. Fires, drought, locusts, etc. And now salmonella in cantaloupes. What next?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Bearded dragons having wings? xDD
No, I'm sure bad joke but it was worth
it.
I do dream that Vash has wings sometimes..
but just fantasy I know >.>

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I agree. my point is that people assume. they throw up and assume its a virus. its been proven much of the time it is not. we get sick from food far more than we know. people assume if they contract samenella (i know i cant spell it), they got it from this or that. unfortunately "this or that" may be your lizard ya know? tests can trace things yes but only dna testing etc can trace "exactly" where that specifc infection came from. quite frankly the type of testing we use today for that ... did not exist back when the turtles were blamed. the only reason im comfortable with their conclusion there was that there were many cases and other evidence. my point is yoir dr can say you got saminella fron "this or that" and its impossible and very stupid for them to say so without that extensive testing. and its rare that it is done. extremely rare. its not something your family dr can do.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
I kiss Poncho everyday, more times than you can count. If I didn't kiss him he would be so upset. He gets kisses everywhere, he turns his head around this way and that way to make me kiss different spots. Lol. I have an incredibly weak immune system but not once have I gotten sick from kissing him. Eating taco bell...well that's a different story lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom