Just a rant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ok, so today we went to the reptile show in Hamburg, PA!! I seen the most disgusting thing everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
There was a guy there with a bearded dragon about 1 year old or maby a bit younger!! There was 2 dragons in this 10 gallon tank with hay for the substrate!! And I just happened to glance a bit closer cause I seen the beardie jump and closer I took a look and he had a F&$*^!G mouse in their!! Now this mouse was about half the size of this beardie!!!! And the beardie was jumping at this mouse trying to get it!! And the little one just about started to cry!! So we said to the guy, you do no that that is very bad for the beardie! He said no he just gets them as treats!!! I thought WTF so I left!!! A few minutes upon walking by again I seen the beardie had a patch of white hair hanging out of his poor mouth!!!! I herd him say to the other customer o yea I will show you how he eats them!! So he put another one in their!!! I walked away shaking my head and giving him a nasty look!!!!! So if you where the guy that was there, you disgust me in every way imaginable!!!!! YOU SIR SHOULD NOT HAVE AND ANIMALS OR REPTILES!!!! LEARN BEFORE YOU TAKE ANOTHER REPTILES LIFE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sorry if I offend or offended anybody that reads this post!! I would like to just say please please DO NOT FEED your bearded dragons any of this!!! They say it is their diet! Well how do you no that? Also, you don't no how many beardies die in the wild doing this!! So be safe and don't feed your beardies mice cause their are way better feeders out their!!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ether it being human or not!!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":c4403 said:
Ok, so today we went to the reptile show in Hamburg, PA!! I seen the most disgusting thing everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
There was a guy there with a bearded dragon about 1 year old or maby a bit younger!! There was 2 dragons in this 10 gallon tank with hay for the substrate!! And I just happened to glance a bit closer cause I seen the beardie jump and closer I took a look and he had a F&$*^!G mouse in their!! Now this mouse was about half the size of this beardie!!!! And the beardie was jumping at this mouse trying to get it!! And the little one just about started to cry!! So we said to the guy, you do no that that is very bad for the beardie! He said no he just gets them as treats!!! I thought WTF so I left!!! A few minutes upon walking by again I seen the beardie had a patch of white hair hanging out of his poor mouth!!!! I herd him say to the other customer o yea I will show you how he eats them!! So he put another one in their!!! I walked away shaking my head and giving him a nasty look!!!!! So if you where the guy that was there, you disgust me in every way imaginable!!!!! YOU SIR SHOULD NOT HAVE AND ANIMALS OR REPTILES!!!! LEARN BEFORE YOU TAKE ANOTHER REPTILES LIFE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sorry if I offend or offended anybody that reads this post!! I would like to just say please please DO NOT FEED your bearded dragons any of this!!! They say it is their diet! Well how do you no that? Also, you don't no how many beardies die in the wild doing this!! So be safe and don't feed your beardies mice cause their are way better feeders out their!!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ether it being human or not!!!

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
It makes me sad that people don't respect or research before getting into something they're obviously not ready for. i feel ya lance, thats messed up

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know but everytime I read about this I want to go punch something, and when I see it in person I want to punch the owner right in the nose and walk off!!@@#@!
:angry5: :banghead: :banghead:

-Brandon

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Brandon, I was half tempted to jump on his table and kick him in the head until she said well I don't have enough for bail money so just walk away!! Well I made sure he knew he was getting the stink eye!!!! :angry5:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah yes, always good to have someone remind you about that when you are about to knock some sense into someone. :twisted: :banghead:

-Brandon

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
AHHH! mice are bad? i feed my big girl a small pinky (a baby mouse, nno hair whoatsoever, and basicy just born) and its about half the size of her head....i feed her one mabey.....3 times a year?

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
I hope that a lot of the new beardie owners and future beardie owners out there will read this thread. This is a lesson in why it is SO VERY IMPORTANT to buy your future reptile(s) from REPUTABLE, KNOWLEDGEABLE Breeders like Lance(Twobeardieguy), Brian(CrypticDragons) or Tom(TheWolfmanTom). DO THE RESEARCH FOLKS. DON'T SUPPORT *****S like the guy that was at that show! If fewer people who buy from them, the sooner these creeps will be out of business! There are really good breeders out there, and they are the best source of both the animal you desire and the knowledge you need to be a successful keeper (parent). Remember, cheap isn't always better, you get what you pay for! A terrible breeder=a sick dragon and a LOT of heartbreak. :(

CrystalReptile: Your talking a pinkie versus a full grown mouse (the one fed by the ***** at the show, from Lance's description, was a full grown mouse). A full grown mouse has too large of bones, too much body mass, and a lot of hair, not to mention a very nasty, sharp set of teeth that it could bite or mame the beardie with. Pink have much smaller bones and a lot of protein and calcium (they don't require dusting). Some keepers feed them occasionally as you do with no ill effects. Feeding a large, full grown mouse could result in the beardie choking, the large bones(once broken up by being chewed) puncturing the stomach or intestines, the fur causing serious impaction( I'm not sure how well a beardies digestive system can break down all that fur) not to mention that the mouse could do serious injury to the dragon if it bites him/her. I personally choose not to feed pinkies or mice of any kind to my dragons, I prefer to stay on the side of caution.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
My opinion is that there are plenty of really good feeder insects out there, so I don't feel the need to feed my dragons pinkies (I really just prefer not to)

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Very well put Sandy!! And thank you!!!! As Sandy said most of us choose not to feed the pinky's or mice because the impaction risk is very high!! So whatever you choose is on you!! But if you love your beardie and don't want to have problems now or in the future then choose not to feed them that at all!!!! And for the future breeders looking at this post, people say that after your dame has laid her clutch that you can feed pinky's to put the weight back on well they need not to breed!!!! I look at it like this, if you feed a well balanced diet n nutrition and proper calcium and vitamins then there is no need!! Why do you want to feed your dame something that is high in fat content? I would rather my dame be healthy and firm then fat and flabby for her next clutch!!! Again sorry if I may have up set some people or breeders on here but that is just the way I look at it!! I no im going to get slack for this post, but do remember I had a beardie that lived 17 years!!! Yes was 17 years old!!! So I have my way of doing things as people have their ways!! :D Again this is my true side of thinking after what I seen today I just cant bear or stand to see people do that!! My beardies are my family NOT JUST A REPTILE!!!! :D

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Good for you Lance!! I would agree 100%. For any one wanting to breed their dragons, look to those who have been doing this successfully for many years and producing quality, healthy babies, this is where you will get the best info on the "how to's of breeding" and whether or not it's the right choice for the potential breeder. Nothing beats the hands on experience of a breeder who's been in the business for so many years!
An overweight, gravid female is going to have a much harder time recuperating after each clutch is laid. A healthy female, will bounce back quickly and be ready for that next clutch without as much stress on her body. AND, If you want to breed these amazing creatures: RESEARCH, RESEARCH,RESEARCH! First and foremost! Don't jump in and then ask "now what?!"

Lance, I wouldn't worry about offending, those of us who love our animals like family are not going to be offended by your words. We will be outraged by people like that guy at the show you saw today, and rightfully so. And, if anyone else is offended by anything you said, then I feel bad for the animals that they keep. We both know the importance of always learning!

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
I'm pretty sure I would have been thrown out of that show. I probably would have yelled "Are you trying to kill it?" and a few other things that I really don't want to type. That guy is the person that people buy from then come here and ask what is wrong with their beardie. I feel so incredibly sad for the creatures that man might own.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
How can people be so cruel as to feed full grown mice to a beardie. PERSONALLY I wouldn't give either of my dragons a pinky mouse let alone a grown one. I too feel that there are other feeders much better suited for beardies. I would be afraid of impaction or that the bones would hurt my babies. My beardies are my family also and if something was to happen to one of them and I was the cause of it because of something I did or did not do I wouldn't be able to stand it. More power to you Lance,I don't know if I could have walked away without giving the man my honest opinion of him and his practices of feeding full grown mice to a beardie. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Why do people NOT do the research to take care of these precious animals? I wouldn't have taken on the care and life of a critter I didn't know anything about,that's why I did months of research first and that's why I am on the boards so much reading all I can. Sometimes I just hit general discussion and then someitmes I read Health and ER as well,I want to know all I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom