Is Yoshi Just Picky? -PICS- !! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

william488

Juvie Member
how are you measuring him? head to tip of tail or head to base of tail? Head to tip of tail is how we measure them here. and if you are measuring it from heat to tip of tail, your beardie is really small.

first thing, he is way to small for supers, and meal worms can cause impaction. He needs to be 16 inches (head to tip of tail) before he eats suppers, the reason for this is there is a kink in their digestive system that streighten's out after they get that long. As for your UVB light. Stop using that unit! coil UVB bulbs have been known to cause eye issues and not enough of the proper uvb will also effect a bearded dragon's appetite. get yourself as soon as possible a reptisun 10.0 UVB tube light, not coil. fixtures can be bought at walmart or similar store for under 15 bucks and the lights can be picked up online for under 30. at places like petstore.com or petmountain.com . Petco and petsmart will charge you around 40+ for those same lights. Be warned though,petmountain and petstore.com are slower then slow on delivery. I ordered two 10.0 36" reptisuns on dec 27th, they are still not here, and estimated delivery is now wed next week. That may help his appetite. As for the calcium bowl, I never heard of having something like that for a bearded dragon, yes for some geckos, but not for a bearded dragon so I cannot say if thats ok or not, maybe someone else with more experience here will be able to help you.

william488

Juvie Member
Original Poster
the smaller supers i don't see an issue, he is real small for his age, as for veggies and fruit not sure what he would like I would just got through them and find some that he likes. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html has some great lists of foods that are good for your beardies. as for the lights, the fixtures can be picked up at any hardware store, or stores like walmart, target, etc. as to mount it, they do make brackets you can use to hang them off the top of the tank,if you have a screen top, you can make a hook system to hang the fixture below it. as for the lights themselves, online is the cheapest way to go. www.petstore.com www.petmountain.com www.pangeareptile.com (little higher in price but ships 10 times faster then the others). there are many sites with good prices, these are just three sites I have used before and trust to get it to me.
to get more food in him, you can also look at baby food, stage 1 turkey. I have an year old who is not eating and is loosing weight (he is a recent rescue) I use a small medical plastic syringe and put a bit on his nose and when he opens his mouth to like it, I squirt some in his mouth. I mix up the baby food with some reptivite, and calcium and use it that way. he is now eating a bug or two every day. he is not losing weight anymore. there is also something called reptaid, some have used it, I personally have not so I cannot say how good it is, but heard it helps. good luck.

1968dart

Hatchling Member
First of all you can mount your UVB light fixture to you glass tank with 3m command strips. Crazy strong double sides tape for hanging stuff buy it at Walmart. Second type in Bearded Dragon growth chart into this search engine...(google).Third your dragon is a runt my 7month old is almost 16".. But if his eyes are nice and clear and he's still doing number 2's then he should be fine. Some butter worms and waxworks might be to his likening . Butter worm have a sweet fruity smell and when my female is Gravid(pregnant). She can get picky so I get some butter worms for her. My big male will go months without eating and I can't force him. But that little guy should be inhaleing anything that moves in that cage.

I got my ReptiSun tube from amazon (free 2 day shipping if you have Prime). They ended up shipping from NJ warehouse so I got it the next day. :D

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiSun%C2%AE-Fluorescent-18-Inch/dp/B0009YJ3BE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357821979&sr=8-2&keywords=reptisun+10.0

Probably cheapest you're going to find it, especially when compared to 49.99 in most pet stores. The fixture, you can get at walmart (lights of america 18") cost me $11. So for the price of the bulb at a retail joint, you can get the bulb + fixture + command hooks/tape and use whats left over to buy yourself lunch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom