Is he sick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcombs816

Hi there,

I have a beardie named Kiah. he is about 14 inches, we have had him since February. He has always been friendly and excitable. He doesn't usually use his hides for whatever reason, he has never really seemed interested. He spends a vast majority of his time basking, and sometimes will just go and stand in/near his water, but that's it.

For the past few days he has been hiding almost the entire time. He hasn't moved much unless it is to eat. In fact, yesterday he didn't move at all except for when we gave him his crickets. Other than that he stayed hiding underneath his plant in the corner. And when we have taken him out during this past few days, he isn't excitable like he usually is. Usually he is tough to keep control of and will constantly try to climb up onto our shoulders/heads or jump onto the furniture. But the past few days he just lays on us and makes himself cozy, which is cute, but I'm concerned, it's not like him.

His temps are all correct, I have been checking them diligently, and he is eating normally and pooping every day. Nothing in his tank has changed, nothing in the household or routine has changed. He hasn't LOOKED stressed, he's been brightly colored, white on bottom. He sometimes puffs up but it seems to be just stretching. He does it about once a day, and not in reaction to anything, he has been doing that for about a month now. He doesn't look angry or stressed when he does it.

Could he be sick? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a bunch.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Where do you live? What is the weather like where you are? I read about some beardies residing with their slaves in Florida that are basically sleeping all day because of all the rain they are having because of a tropical storm.

kcombs816

Original Poster
Wow, really? That's actually where we are, we are in South Florida and it has been nothing but rain for the last week or so. Maybe that could be it...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I believe it is possible. I do remember in the Fall, September in our area is warmer, outside temp wise, than February and March is. The thing is, Rosie is ready to slow down (she's 4 now) by September and October. She is ready to wake up by February and March, when it's colder than it is in September and October when she's ready to sleep. This last winter wasn't as cold as the winter before so she slept for a week or two but kept waking up more than the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom