is eating less a sign that shedding is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
I searched the forum but didn't find the answer I wanted, so I'm sorry if I'm double or triple posting.

I couldn't get my little guy to eat so much as five crickets today. Also, he's been rubbing just his face on the pieces of wood I have in there for him. Is this pre-shedding behavior? Especially the loss of apetite, is that common? Thanks!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Umm, i wouldn't say so , neither of mine have ever lost there appetite..
Is he going quite dark in colour? dull almost..
why not try changing your feeders? perhaps try locust, roaches or worms?

Vinnie223

I have heard from my herptologist since I was worried that he wont eat much but still would. But the rubbing and grinding part is normal for shedding but try misting his body with a bottle to help with the shed and do not force the shed as you can tear new scales and such. If he ends up not eating at all then take your Beardie to the herp. Hope this helps some,

sincerly Vinnie

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the input!

He started his shed today, looks like its just his face for now. He was hungry this afternoon so I fed him lots of yummy crickets. However, now I'm worried because I had been feeding him mealworms as a snack without realizing what sort of GI blockage potential they have. All I can do now is wait for a poop! wish me luck!

Vinnie223

Oh yeah mealworm are a big no no but a few at best will not harm him but for his safety do not feed him any those anymore. There is a guy here that sells roaches and other wonderful feeders for a great price. his link is www.theroachguy.com :study:

Vinnie223

No problem, I am here to help like many of the people here. Also the roachguy has is a member here if you want to ask any questions. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom