Iris wont eat and

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Thanks for any advice in advance. I didn't want to post here but Iris won't eat. I thought she was being picky after refusing Superworms and Crickets so her dubias came in today and she won't eat the Dubias either. She hasn't been eating for awhile now and im worried and confused because she'll eat her greens but not her insects. She is only 6 months of age so she should be eating her insects and I think it's too early for brumation.I have came to the conclusion that she has some sort of parasite as most baby bearded dragons do. The problem I face now is getting a fecal exam done for her because since she hasn't been eating her stools rarely come. She is not impacted she had some feces last week but it was very small, she has only been eating her greens and not much of it either.She does get 2-3 baths a week i'm almost certain she is not impacted .

Her temps are 100 basking spot and I bought a new repti-sun 10.0 2 weeks ago. She is always glass dancing now too as if she is hungry but i feel like I can't do anything for her and it's now to the point of frustration. Any advise of what I can do please feel free to say,thanks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Brian.....if your girl grew quickly and is a large size, then she is one of those that just loses their appetite this time of year whether they are " of age " or not. In other words, even at a young age, a large, well fed dragon can go into a semi brumation where they lose interest in food off + on for a week, 2 weeks and more. Don't worry too much, a lot of dragons act like that this time of year.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for replying, Iris is 7 months and she is 16 inches. Is that considered big for her age? Is there anything i can do just to be more sure that there isn't a issue with her?

cause she do need an equal amount till she an adult ,once she an adult she eats live food everyother day mean while greens everyday but for babies its the opposite live everyday and greens can be left everyday by choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom