Introducing my first BD, Flick

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryce

Hatchling Member
Hello Everyone!

I am not a new comer to the forum, unfortunately my first posts were to the Beardie ER back in December regarding my first and only BD, Flick so I never got a chance to introduce him. He is doing better now and so I would like to introduce him to the community. This site is terrific and the people on this forum are wonderful in their help and experience. I'll tell you a bit about my little guy and I have attached some pics in order of his age since he is now a little over 4 months old now.

I got Flick at the start of October and he was about 2 weeks old (way too young). Unfortunately I did not have enough knowledge to get him off to a good start and Flick starting showing signs of hypocalcemia by November with pretty bad seizures and muscles spasms in his back legs. I found this forum in December and got a lot of help and counseling on how to treat his condition, unfortunately Flick probably will have some long lasting problems due to my ignorance. He now no longer gets seizures or muscle spasms but he has developed a crook in his back and has not enough strength in his back legs to walk on them properly. On a positive note he has improved soooo much :blob8: :blob8: . I have made such adjustments as purchasing a mega-ray bulb 100W self ballasted and use a 60Watt light for extra heat. Doesn't have any places where he can crawl up high anymore and fall off. He also gets liquid calcium and his on an anti-inflammatory for his back until he will be x-rayed. He likes his salad of escarole and endive, coriander and I still give him some baby food, chicken and squash, for extra fluids. He usually likes his bath times too. For feeders he eats crix and phoenix worms. He gets liquid calcium supplements which I will probably be giving him for the rest of his life and he gets a good multivitamin once a week. Through the whole process of getting him well I have been lucky that he has not given up because he has managed to consistently gain weight even though he is a little small for his age. He is currently about 83 grams and is about 10 3/4 inches long. He is quite an alert little guy and we are really enjoying him a lot. He is a real trooper. We are not quite out of the woods yet with him and he will be going to the vet in the future to have his back looked at which I think may be causing problems with his back legs but we take it one day at a time.

So here are some pics of Flick, starting with the earliest when he was a couple of weeks old...enjoy :D

About 2-3 Weeks old
100_0684.jpg

100_0689.jpg

Just over 1 month
100_0693.jpg

2 1/2 months
100_0702.jpg

3 1/2 months-Having a Bath
100_0742.jpg

Just about 4 months
100_0763_05.jpg

HIs enclosure to date
100_0778.jpg

4 months and a week
100_0776.jpg

100_0775.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom