Injured Tail on Baby Bearded Dragon

IzayahL

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Supra (2 Years Old) and Nebula (5 Weeks Old)
Hello, recently I went to the pet store to get my other bearded dragon Supra some worms. As I usually do I was looking at the Bearded dragons and noticed one that had an injured tail, so I purchased them. Luckily I still had my bearded dragons old tank and an extra basking light + UVB tube bulb.

The injury doesn't seem to be bothering them as they haven't shown any darker beard, stress marks, or limping. They still dash around their tank after smaller crickets aswell.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do as the injury looks to be on the older side.

Attachments

• 20220624_194959.jpg
    20220624_194959.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Snapchat-905358030.jpg
    Snapchat-905358030.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Snapchat-1451684486.jpg
    Snapchat-1451684486.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Snapchat-2032757185.jpg
    Snapchat-2032757185.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 96

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, recently I went to the pet store to get my other bearded dragon Supra some worms. As I usually do I was looking at the Bearded dragons and noticed one that had an injured tail, so I purchased them. Luckily I still had my bearded dragons old tank and an extra basking light + UVB tube bulb.

The injury doesn't seem to be bothering them as they haven't shown any darker beard, stress marks, or limping. They still dash around their tank after smaller crickets aswell.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do as the injury looks to be on the older side.
Let's have ahbd give a look and advise
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, it's hard to say whether there is more damage under the scales and creeping up through the tissue. For now , Betadine soaks may help kill bacteria [ 1 part betadine to 10 parts water ] If your dragon will sit with you , you can dangle his tail in a small jar or cup of the Betadine mixture for 5-10 minutes a day. If he doesn't sit still for that you can soak him the usual way with the Betadine mixture in a small plastic tub.
After it's dry you can apply raw honey or Neosporin. Hopefully it won't get worse but update here if it does and schedule an appt. with a qualified reptile vet.

IzayahL

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Supra (2 Years Old) and Nebula (5 Weeks Old)
Hello guys! I honestly forgot about this thread. Heres a long overdue update on Nebula :

She's doing great! Shes very active, I cant keep my eyes off her for a second or else she will disappear lol, currently im waiting for a bigger tank to arrive. I had to put it off as I didnt have enough space in my house to hold it, I ended getting a custom cage that lets me control the vertical size so I can make neat little formations for her to climb since she loves it so much (Seriously I put her in the kitchen while I was cooking and she ended up climbing my curtains)

Her tail healed very well! Unfortunately she still has the indent but I call it her battle scar for surviving petsmart.

Attachments

• 20240312_010609.jpg
    20240312_010609.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240312_010634.jpg
    20240312_010634.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 26

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, I am glad to see her tail healed up. An indentation is perfectly fine, she will have no issues with
that! She is a survivor & at least she still has her entire tail, too thankfully!
I hope she is doing well & happy to hear she is so active too!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom