Incubator Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
We were surprised when our sons beardie laid 22 eggs in her cage yesterday, by the end of the night she had laid 26. Some fertile some questionable. They unfortunately sat in there a little while before anyone notice. We had her in a laybox on occasion just because the way she was acting but like my breeders she never really did show, shes always been beefy. Anyways I wasnt prepared for them last night and had to hunt around for an incubator. I figured Id go for an incubator they didnt have to mess with and could keep tabs on progress. Only thing I could find last night was the "Exo Terra : Incubator / Thermoelectric Reptile Egg Incubator" looks nice but may have had some problems with it. It was open when i went to the store and set up on a shelf, didnt have the back plate where theres a mute/normal switch for the fan.....was starting to think was used. I got it anyways was 9pm and limited choices and with it being warm out temps settled quick. The outside temp display seems to be off, for instance its showing 91 outside and temp probe is showing 82. Its a zoomed temp prob not the most expensive but its what i had handy and has always seemed somewhat reliable. either way one of them is wrong and considering the probe has been in my roach container working just fine was thinking issue with the incubator.

Anyone else have any experience with this incubator? Or have any suggestions on another one to use? Looking for something I can "set and go" and is a fully functional as the exo terra, wasnt really looking to make a make shift one this go round especially with it being the kids eggs. The havo bator seemed a bit small in comparison but was a close second. Had it been local pick up I may have considered it more just on the price.

Any feedback is appreciated.

simpleman

Hatchling Member
hi, i am using the hovabator right now and it is working fine...depending on the temps in the house, i sometime adjust it a little...but for the most part, it holds +/- 1 degree......i would definitely reccommend it....hope this helps....

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I actually decided to stick with homemade and am making a larger incubator to include the extra dragons in the house. Converting a larger wine fridge, will post finished results. Was able to get steady temps with the exo-terra incubator but there is a large temp difference from inside to outside display. Set at 92-94 degreed to keep it right around 85. Really liked the idea of it being able to cool when necessary and was easy to keep separate for the kids but overall just decided to go larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom