impaction update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
It was probably the combination of the larger crickets and the calci-sand. If his teeth got caught on the reptile carpet, he was probably scooping up big mouthfuls of sand with his crickets.

You need to get the temperatures even warmer, and keep with the hot compresses and baths. Keep making the water warmer and warmer.

Non-adhesive shelf liner and slate tiles are both very good substrates, and are very inexpensive. Meal worms are definitely NOT okay, as they have a very hard chitin shell and no nutrition. Small crickets, phoenix worms, wax worms and roaches would be good. No large crickets, meal worms, super worms or anything else hardshelled.

Sorry I can't help you out with vet estimates, it varies a great deal from place to place and vet to vet.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Mealworms are the worst types of live food to give to any Bearded Dragon. Are there are other staple vegetables in his diet? Turnip greens, Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Escarole, and squash?

The vet will give him a laxative to pass all that he's eaten. If all that passed is cricket pieces, that means they're too big. Cali-sand's the worse substrate to use. I use paper towels as a substrate since Ali's a juvenile.

Have you tried shredded or grated carrots? When I got Ali, he wasn't passing anything so I used grated carrots. Within no time, he passed the carrots and whatever he had eaten the previous night. Now, he's regular, doing better since pinworms and bacteria infections, and actively running around, and shedding his skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom