I'm Trying to Figure Out How Old My Bearded Dragon Is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
So I need some help figuring out how old my bearded dragon is. I bought her in July and at the time she was about 5 maybe 6 inches long from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. I asked the pet store I bought her from, but they had no clue how old she really was. Now 7 months later she is around 20-22 inches long from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail, more or less because when I measure her she was sitting with her nose sticking up in the air rather than laying flat on the floor. Anyway she is big for a female and if she is younger than a year then she still has some growing to do. Anyway, I want to figure out how old she really is, so anyone with experience raising a lot of baby beardeds please give me an estimation judging from the length I got her in July and up until now. I want to know if she is still growing.... Thank you! Your help is greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Not real good at this but judging from your description she is probably close to a year old, maybe around 8-9 months.

DaisyDragon

Hi! OK, I'll take a stab at this one: If you bought her in July and she was 5-6", then she was most likely about 2 months old then (give or take). So my guess is she hatched around May '08. So that would make her roughly 10-ish months old. But you say she's already 20+ inches, so she's either a BIG female, or she's already full grown. Hope that helps! Can you post a pic of her? :D

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry, I can't post any pictures. My camera is broken, but yeah she is over 20 inches probably around 22-23 inches.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
When I got Duke at two months, he was 9 inches. Now he's only 17.5 inches at a few months over a year old. He's seems small compared to yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom