Im 99% sure it's a upper respiratory infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
So thurs or fri I posted in "health" about "dried discharge from nose". The common advice was a shed, and low and behold she shed her head a few hrs later unfortunately she's not better I wasn't home yesterday but this morn again her left nostril is closed and I hear the clicking noise :cry: I have only had her since 7/11/11 the day after a got her in her bath she stuck her nose under water and drank alot, I did notice a few bubbles that day but assumed it was from the water :roll: well I do have a local vet but he's an *****!! I actually know more then him lol I asked fri if it sounded like a uri he said it was possible and I could treat with the SMZ that I have left over! Does that sound right? Also is this something my male could catch?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It seems to be something prescribed for different animals, including reptiles. You could p.m. Tracie [ Drache613] to see what she says,and about dosing. For now, keep your night time temps. around 78 -80, and keep the other dragons away as a precaution.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Definately pm Tracie :)

She is a gem and will be able to set you up with what you need. The clicking noise is a give away but Tracie will be able to get more info and help you out.

My little guy started showing signs and he was also on meds and a mess as well.

He started keeping his head up while sleeping a couple of times as well. Real clue there as well.

I bumped his daytime temps to 108 (he is only 14 weeks so a juvie) and his night temps to 80 for a few weeks and did not bring him out when the a/c was on. It zapped it I'm sure, so keeping the temps up (and making sure to hydrate though with worms or water etc.) will help.

Keep us posted!
Sherri

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Just to throw this out there.. When I bathe my dragons and if one decides to drink I will hold it's head in the right position for them as some times they sit to high out of the water and other times they will basically sink their whole head in. I hold the ridge above the ear holes as this is a solid area and easy to get a good grip, also allowing me to direct their head movements from there. I have also noticed that a drinking dragon will go into a almost "trance" type state. This is potentially dangerous or fatal to a dragon. Just, like I said throwing that out there. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom