Identify My Dragon Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianecard

Original Poster
What type of UVB bulb are you using? Not sure. I don't have the box they came in. I bought them from Petco. I was helped by a bearded dragon breeder.
Basking Temps/Cool side temps? Basking temp. 110/ cool side is 75
Night time temps? I live in Florida. Not sure of the night time temp. I'm positive it doesn't drop under 75 in her tank.
What are you feeding her before she stopped eating? She was a big fan of crickets, waxworms, and mealworms. She never went after her salads and fruits.
What is your substrate? Tile
Has she gone to the bathroom? Since the force feeding she has been pooping every day.
Does she get regular baths? I was bathing her every day. I was told by the dragon breeder at Petco to stop bathing her so much. Just to bathe her once a week. He thinks she might have a respiratory infection.

Dianecard

Original Poster
68465_540171986002164_283222735_n-1_zps6354beae.jpg

Thank you for all of your replies. I will look into the bulbs and night time temps. I am being told by a dragon breeder that metronidazole suspension might work wonders on her. Any thoughts? She weighed in today at 22 grams today and there are three huge poops in her tank. She isn't gaining any weight.

Zach7

Hatchling Member
Just my input-that is not even close to a 1 year old, search 1 year old on the forum, the beardies are WAY bigger than that.

PrettyInInk

Zach7":2t3f0aa9 said:
Just my input-that is not even close to a 1 year old, search 1 year old on the forum, the beardies are WAY bigger than that.

I would have to agree...just doesn't seem possible. I would think, and I don't claim to be an expert, that malnutrition significant enough for growth stunting of this magnitude would kill a beadie before preventing any growth at all. I mean, my girl was that big by 10 weeks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It actually is possible...maybe not probable, but it's definitely possible. When they are severely stunted as hatchlings, especially if they were a small baby to begin with, their growth can just be at almost a standstill for months at a time. Some babies survive this and don't even develop noticeable MBD deformities because they aren't even growing. They are generally just very lethargic....how long they can live is another story.

Dianecard

Original Poster
I've had her since August 2012. She only shed once in September. Today she pooped several times. She only weighed 22 grams today.

PrettyInInk

AHBD":3f057ans said:
It actually is possible...maybe not probable, but it's definitely possible. When they are severely stunted as hatchlings, especially if they were a small baby to begin with, their growth can just be at almost a standstill for months at a time. Some babies survive this and don't even develop noticeable MBD deformities because they aren't even growing. They are generally just very lethargic....how long they can live is another story.

Well, learn something new every day. That is just crazy.

anc90

Hatchling Member
AHBD":2p7d7jgc said:
I also did not know that!

Mealworms can cause impaction.. Waxworms are nothing but "candy" to beardies.

There are coil bulbs are tube bulbs which one do you have?

Dianecard

Original Poster
I don't have the box. I read Zilla on the fixture the tube goes into. I believe the tube came with the fixture.

Zach7

Hatchling Member
IF the UVB is a Short 5 inch UVB bulb it isnt recommended. Get a Reptisun T5-T8 or Arcadia 12% at least 1/2 or 3/4 the width of the viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom