Identify My Dragon Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianecard

First, how do I post pictures here? That would be helpful to identify my beardie. Lol. Some background -
She is about a year old. I bought her from a guy who bought her at a reptile show. She ate live food when I first got her, never greens or fruits. About a month and a half ago she stopped eating everything! I took her to the vet immediately and was told that she was a regular bearded dragon who was emmaciated and was given a grim prognosis. I was told to force feed her crickets and mealworms. I force fed her for two weeks and she still didn't get her appetite back. I took her to a different vet and was told that she is some sort of hybrid dragon and she won't get much bigger than what she is now. She is only 25 grams and about 9 inches long. I continue to force feed her and I also give her carnivore care as a supplement. She basks under her lamp with her head held up. She is looking better, but still not as active as she should be and is not interested in eating. Fecal was negative. Husbandry is perfect - set up, temp., substrate, etc. Please advise. I would like to post pictures, but don't know how yet.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
For a year old 25 grams and 9 inches sounds tiny. My 3 month old is 26 grams. Also, please don't feed anymore mealworms, they cause impaction and shouldn't be fed to bearded dragons. I know you said your husbandry is perfect but could you go over your set up ? Lights (uvb and basking), temps, substrate? And please post pictures.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Lindz0518":3q7c70du said:
For a year old 25 grams and 9 inches sounds tiny. My 3 month old is 26 grams.

Yes that doesnt sound very tiny. Unless she is a dwarf beardie. Do you anything about its parents?

*sorry mean that does sound tiny not doesnt*

Dianecard

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies. 110 in basking spot and 75 in cooler part of tank. I took her to petco today because a breeder works there. He told me that she is definitely a regular beardie that might have been malnourished or wasnt kept in the right husbandry before I got her. He was concerned with how she kept opening her mouth. He thinks maybe I have been bathing her too often and that she has a respiratory infection. He told me to let her dry out good and to bathe her once a week instead of every day. I live in Florida and was going to let her outside with me tomorrow to soak up the sun and he told me not to because it is too humid for her. Ok - no more mealworms. He told me that she might be spoiled because I've been feeding her. I will post pics when I figure it out. Thanks :)

Dianecard

Original Poster
292928_464494323569931_85295928_n.jpg

She is only 25 grams and almost 9 inches. She is 1 year old. She stopped eating on her own a month ago and I have been force feeding her carnivore care and crickets.
Thank you!

anc90

Hatchling Member
Yes,can you please post info about your viv?
A 1year old? Way to tiny to be a year old,my 6 month old is 11" and 109 grams. Are you sure the age is correct?

Here are some questions to get your started:

What type of UVB bulb are you using?
Basking Temps/Cool side temps?
Night time temps?
What are you feeding her before she stopped eating?
What is your substrate?
Has she gone to the bathroom?
Does she get regular baths?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Looks like maybe MBD as well, you need to make sure she is getting plenty of calcium dusted feeders (crickets, small dubia, etc) I am really not even sure what to tell you for her. I think you should private message Tracie her name on here is Drache613. She is the one to talk to, she can tell you what you need to do next. There is definitely something wrong. Please message her!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
What kind of uvb light do you have, you need a reptiSUN 10.0 tube or arcadia 12%, they are the only lights that have the correct wavelengths for beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Diane....as the others mentioned, that is a tiny 1 year old. I just wanted to mention that getting her in the sun would be great for her, 45 minutes or so a day will give her a great deal of UVB exposure. When you say she opens her mouth , is it all the time, and she's having a hard time breathing ? If so, she may need antibiotics, but in her condition it might be harder on her than a normal sized dragon. Just be sure that her night temps. stay around 80 degrees. As for only bathing her once a week, she will need water more than that without a doubt. You can dribble water on her nose/mouth with an eyedropper, syringe or use a spray bottle but GENTLY spray a very light stream on her nose, this will get her to drink, but don't get the tank very wet so as not to raise the humidity. She is pretty fragile looking, but as long as you can keep her eating + drinking, she may surprise you and do " O.K." , but will never reach full size. I hope you can help your little friend to have a good life even though she has some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom