Ideas for how to make a cleanable, removable 2D background for enclosure?

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
My plans for this are postponed since Pancake is recovering from surgery, but her enclosure is very boring and I wanted to do the thing where you build rock structures from foam and grout.

I see a lot of people build it into the background, but I have a wood zen habitats enclosure that was pretty expensive so I don't want to make any irreversible changes. The rock stuff is going to be removable, and I want the background to be removable too.

Any ideas for how to go about this? Her old glass enclosure had a cling-on backdrop of a desert, which you can see in my profile picture. I really liked that one but it's too small for a 120 gal. I'm looking for something similar. Right now the only idea I have is to maybe design a 4 foot by 2 foot background and somehow get it printed and laminated, then tape it in?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Wishing Pancake well. @xp29 can you help as you are awesome with enclosures but I am not sure if this is your area? Actually, I believe in you...you can figure this out.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom